Nov 12, 2009
New Brunswick
VetteCoins
Car
2006 C6
I"m fairly certain that most of the Great White North have their C6 in hibrrnation.
What are some of your projects this winter?
I finally got over to the US when the border opened without needing a PCR test if only over for less than 72 hours. Luckily I went quickly, because that was short lived. I had purchased many items for my C6 just prior to the Covid shutdown, so my items were with the broker. I had weatherstripping for the Halo, for the targa top, and 2 Nav units for a low price of $60.00 each, one from a 2008 and the other from a 2010.
I will install one or the other and synch to my Vin # with my GM nano which I have on order for my home address. My OEM Nav from my 2006 still works except the CD player will not always read the CD's. I have a Kawal input Jack plug and play harness, so I can use my phone for music, but I want the CD to work as well.
I will replace the weatherstriping, and will refurbish my original lexan top by sanding it down to 800 grit and have it professionally clear coated as I did in 2019 to a spare top I had.
Before Spring, I will do a ceramic coating for the paint. Hopefully, the winter will fly by.

Last edited:
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I was debating sending parts to the boarder but was afraid of not being able to get them due to the closure.

Decided to go wide body on my base this year, so I’m having it shipped to the house. Found some C7 Z wheels which started the ball rolling. Need some Z calipers still. Added a post to the wanted section.

New axles, new hubs, trans/diff stiffening, new trans mounts, new brake lines, new e-brake cables, install coil overs, new rear sway bar, new short shifter, repair small tear in drivers seat, some interior color changes, rebuild torque tube, new clutch, new slave cylinder and remote bleed, new pilot, new rear main seal, new barbell, new oil pan gasket, new pickup tube clamp, new motor mounts, new timing chain set, new cam, new cam thrust plate, new cam chain tensioner, new oil pump, new front main seal, new cam position/crank position/knock sensors, new dampener, new water pump, new power steering pump, new hoses and belts, new tensioners, new multi core rad, new heater hoses, headers/exhaust, upgrade lifter trunions, pushrods, lifters, veraram, tune.

Now, will I get it all done? Probably not. I have most of the parts, I have the tools, know how and heated garage, time however… motivation… I have ok days and bad days. We will see, it helps keep my mind off all the bad stuff going on in the world and in my head, it’s great therapy to be honest.
fingers crossed, LOL, Wish me luck.😁😂

7F3FC246-AE2E-4167-9D68-4B9C7438DE70.jpeg

01DAD27C-1B44-4880-98AE-84B5611D2C86.jpeg
BCF5DFD9-C0AF-4EBE-AE67-930D191DDB75.jpeg
DC5DF36C-E9C9-49AE-83D5-D229AC6B4BF0.jpeg
13C76AA1-55F3-4839-81E8-CC5E50CF234A.jpeg
530FF7C4-0FBC-40E1-8C7B-8C5381C296FC.jpeg

New axles, new hubs, trans/diff stiffening, new trans mounts, new brake lines, new e-brake cables, install coil overs, new rear sway bar, new short shifter, repair small tear in drivers seat, some interior color changes, rebuild torque tube, new clutch, new slave cylinder and remote bleed, new pilot, new rear main seal, new barbell, new oil pan gasket, new pickup tube clamp, new motor mounts, new timing chain set, new cam, new cam thrust plate, new cam chain tensioner, new oil pump, new front main seal, new cam position/crank position/knock sensors, new dampener, new water pump, new power steering pump, new hoses and belts, new tensioners, new multi core rad, new heater hoses, headers/exhaust, upgrade lifter trunions, pushrods, lifters, veraram, tune.

Now, will I get it all done? Probably not. I have most of the parts, I have the tools, know how and heated garage, time however… motivation… I have ok days and bad days. We will see, it helps keep my mind off all the bad stuff going on in the world and in my head, it’s great therapy to be honest.

View attachment 92036

View attachment 92038View attachment 92039View attachment 92040View attachment 92041View attachment 92042

Sounds like a fun project.

Sounds like a fun project.
i had intended to cover the car and do a few things in the spring. One night I was out goofing around and broke the right axle, right then I decided to go hard and fix my power steering pump leak, fix my oil pan gasket leak, replace the wobbly dampener and you know, while I’m at it… 😳😁

I love to tinker and the car gives me a reason to hang out in the garage, and for the most part the corvette is dead easy to work on if you don’t mind pulling half the car apart to fix a little leak. 🤣

Need stuff from the States? I don't know if this company is anywhere else in the country but for those of you who live in the greater Toronto area there is a company called Cross Border Pickups that will bring stuff into Canada for you. I used to go to Niagara Falls NY to pick up orders from a Canada/US mail box but the cost of gas these days makes you think twice and covid has screwed things up too. Usually most US companies will ship free to the lower 48 but not to Canada without heafty charges and courrier brokerage fees. Cross Border Pickups has a location in Niagara Falls NY. so you would ship your stuff there and they bring it in. They have two locations in the GTA. One in Markham and the other in Mississauga. They charge a small fee for the service and collect any taxes or duty you would normally pay. Getting a mailbox number is free. Summit Racing also makes things VERY EASY for Canadian customers and I've had a lot of luck using the US Postal service and Canada Post.

View attachment 92036

View attachment 92038View attachment 92039View attachment 92040View attachment 92041View attachment 92042
Wow some project! Just hope you are not wishing for a long winter to get most of this done.......lol

Update: Received my GM Nano scanner and married both the Nav units to the car Vin using the Nano. I tried both and units and they are perfect. Updated to the new maps, and left the 2010 unit in the car. I have completed 2 passes of wet sanding the lexan top. The 120 grit process of North-South, followed by East-West took many many hours to get the original coating removed. The next step of 220 grit sanding North-South will take approx 1 hour to remove the 120 grit marks, then 320 E-W, then 400 N-S, 600 E-W, then the final 800 N-S, and 800 E-W. Then it will be masked, and clear coated and buffed at a pro painter.
Here is the completed 120 grit process.

Attachments

• 20220227_104327[1].jpg
    20220227_104327[1].jpg
    498.3 KB · Views: 17
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.