Sep 19, 2017
Ayr Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2010 Coupe M6 Blade
I want opinions on the following ideas. I love my vette, a 2010 Base Manual with a few mods.I am torn between trading it for a C7 or keeping it and moding it. With my current car I like the sleeper idea of putting a super charger in, upgrading suspension and brakes to z51 specs. I would recover the seats replacing the foam and even may do the 2012 seat upgrade.other interior upgrades to address the interior weak points. No wide body kit if I wanted that I would buy a Z06. I know that recouping the money spent on modds is not likely. This would make my car unique to me. The other choice is to by gently used C7....but then it will be just another C7 and I will want to upgrade it as well.

I know there is no right or wrong answer, just wondering what you think. My car is babied but driven. I am retired so don’t require it to be a daily driver unless for fun.

Cheers
DDD53992-0DB4-4731-A43B-285F2BAEFA85.jpeg

Reactions: YFCvii
That's always the question, isn't it? The C7 is an amazing car, and it finally gets the Corvette into a new level of luxury and performance. If you are someone who really has to have the latest and greatest tech, then this is probably the direction you want to go.

Myself, I don't really care about all of the options and tech. I wanted my Vette to be unique to me, and moreso, I wanted it to make a big statement in terms of performance, and it kinda does. I have more power than a C6 Z06, and quite a bit more than a C7 Stingray. I'm not yet at C7 Z06 power levels, but a supercharger is still an option to get me to the same level or higher. The part that I like is that my car is 13 years old this year, and it is still able to compete with most of the best of what you can buy today for a whole lot more money.

I think that means more to me than having the latest and greatest. Certainly no offense or disrespect to our C7 members, it's just a personal satisfaction thing, and I think its a hell of a bang for my buck.

Kevin, this is an interesting thread you have started and I expect you will get plenty of opinions.

First off; Have you driven a C7 for a day to see if you like the feel? There is a difference between the feel of a C6 and C7. I've owned Z06s with manuals in both generations so for me, there is a difference.
Second, the performance and comfort of the base C7 are both superior to the base C6. Thus perhaps if you like the C7 not as many mods will be required as you thought or you could just opt for a used Z06. The 15s and 16 can be grabbed up fully loaded for small money because of the overheating issue that does not affect anybody that's not tracking the car. Especially in Canada. I had a 15 Z and it never missed a beat.

Couple things to get started here. :Biggrin:

Reactions: Hotrodron
Kevin, this is an interesting thread you have started and I expect you will get plenty of opinions.

First off; Have you driven a C7 for a day to see if you like the feel? There is a difference between the feel of a C6 and C7. I've owned Z06s with manuals in both generations so for me, there is a difference.
Second, the performance and comfort of the base C7 are both superior to the base C6. Thus perhaps if you like the C7 not as many mods will be required as you thought or you could just opt for a used Z06. The 15s and 16 can be grabbed up fully loaded for small money because of the overheating issue that does not affect anybody that's not tracking the car. Especially in Canada. I had a 15 Z and it never missed a beat.

Couple things to get started here. :Biggrin:

I have a C7 while I am in Florida that I can use. Grand Sport 3lt...a beauty for sure. I enjoyed the rev matching, the drive select mode is effective, and the interior is superior. Performance is close enough to mine that it doesn’t matter. With the changes I propose that will be a none issue. Overall you close your eyes in either one you know you are in a corvette. Styling wise I like my round taillights. The C6 is less aggressive looking but still classy. Eventually the C6 will have the cache of being a Classic.

That's always the question, isn't it? The C7 is an amazing car, and it finally gets the Corvette into a new level of luxury and performance. If you are someone who really has to have the latest and greatest tech, then this is probably the direction you want to go.

Myself, I don't really care about all of the options and tech. I wanted my Vette to be unique to me, and moreso, I wanted it to make a big statement in terms of performance, and it kinda does. I have more power than a C6 Z06, and quite a bit more than a C7 Stingray. I'm not yet at C7 Z06 power levels, but a supercharger is still an option to get me to the same level or higher. The part that I like is that my car is 13 years old this year, and it is still able to compete with most of the best of what you can buy today for a whole lot more money.

I think that means more to me than having the latest and greatest. Certainly no offense or disrespect to our C7 members, it's just a personal satisfaction thing, and I think its a hell of a bang for my buck.

You are very correct and the reasoning is sound. Agreed you have the best bang for the $ in a modern Corvette. Making it unique is something I also understand and am plodding away doing just that on my C7 Z. While I haven't dipped into the performance side of things yet as the warranty is more important to me at this time; I focused on appearance and details. Franky the car is borderline scary fun stock so it likely will be a year or so yet before I'm bored and looking for more.
I do enjoy the creature comforts and all the tech in the C7 vs the C6 so that part is working well for me. Although I readily admit I rarely play with more than 10% of it on my daily driving around. However, I'm pleased it's there if I want to use it. I've tried it all except launch control, which I likely will never use.
The PDR is worth the change to a C7 on it's own; however that can be added to any car as well.

I have a C7 while I am in Florida that I can use. Grand Sport 3lt...a beauty for sure. I enjoyed the rev matching, the drive select mode is effective, and the interior is superior. Performance is close enough to mine that it doesn’t matter. With the changes I propose that will be a none issue. Overall you close your eyes in either one you know you are in a corvette. Styling wise I like my round taillights. The C6 is less aggressive looking but still classy. Eventually the C6 will have the cache of being a Classic.

Seems like you answered your own question.
Personally, I would not go back to a C6 but we all have our own thoughts and impressions of what's attractive.

All good :thumbs:

Derek has really good points as well. For me, it comes down to the money and just how much you are willing to spend to make your dream a reality. Undoubtedly, the C7 is a superior car, but it is a significant investment to get it to the power levels that I would want.

Since we don't have pennies any more, and with GST and Carbon Tax, here's my five cents:
Keep the 2010. The LS3 is in my opinion the best engine that GM has ever made. It is solid, makes good power, and it is easy to make a bunch more, for not a lot of money.

I would do American Racing Headers or Kooks, 1-7/8" longtubes with Corsa Sport exhaust. Add a ProCharger P-1X, and you should easily be into the 600+ hp range.

Leave the internals alone. It is already the best smallblock ever built, and it will be completely reliable, and aside from a bit of a whine, nobody will be any the wiser to what you've done. C7 Z06 performance for a much smaller investment.

That's what I would do.

Cheers!

Decisions, decisions.... You are getting good advice all around Kevin. I loved my C6 and wish I'd could have have kept both but have never once regretted the upgrade to my C7.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.