Jul 1, 2017
VetteCoins
Well there has been a few goodies added to our Corvettes over the winter so far on various posts.

So this thread is for showing off what you guys and gals have screwed or glued onto your cars this winter.
The C generation doesn’t matter here and feel free to go bananas with debate and discussion on what works and what sucks.

Today I got home to this. Found online but don’t remember the price but I’m sure it was too much. $65 I think.
564EDE9C-B565-4E99-95B7-3792EEB69F45.jpeg

Second time lucky... get a full size bigger that you normally take with these shoes. They say 1/2 size but it’s not enough.
$160 online piloti store. 4-6 days shipping. Feel pretty good. Can’t wait to try them out at Spring Mountain in a couple months
B1510967-E3C3-44B7-88FE-088C6451D24B.jpeg

These are next...
50014DBC-D859-46CE-A444-F572ABD007BC.jpeg

A2D1C17D-C1D3-4798-A8BE-3D525742D0C9.jpeg

I really like those inserts as well! And it would be tough for me not to make engine noises and run around while wearing those shoes, so they would have to be limited to the car. I like the license place surround. If I had one bit of carbon fiber built in my car, I think would want one!

At first I though winter add ons meant, snow tires, or winter wipers, or some other item for driving your car in winter. :rofl: No add ons for me as my car is off site, in storage, which sucks because the paint needs work, the headlights need some repair and I would like to work on lowering the front just a tiny bit more.... Honestly, I can't think of what I want to add to my car outside of two turbos.

Derek, very cool purchases. I really like those vents. The shoes just took 2/10's off the ET.

My car needs paint correction but that whole topic of paint care has become so confusing I just do not know what to do with it. It is like the wife saying get some yogurt when you shopping. That without a doubt is the most confusing and frustrating aisle in the entire store. I don't believe I have ever brought home the right stuff. Paint correction scares me, not as much as yogurt but almost.

Those inserts look great!

T

These are from NOWICKI. C7 Carbon Front Brake Duct Inserts
Their stuff is expensive and I do not know anyone with any of it. They have quite a few items but it seems none of these aftermarket carbon fiber places have all the things I'm after. The thing with CF parts is determining if you're actually getting carbon fibre or something that looks like it. The price doesn't always guarantee you are getting CF.

I am looking for the Black and carbon fibre look without overdoing it...which I almost have complete now. My Z has lots of carbon fibre inside and out some factory and some I've added. The rear spoiler swap and a few more things to CF I'm looking into now.

This place has lots too and the prices seem ok.
Corvette Rear Spoiler Wickers - Carbon Fiber - Katech : C7 Z06/Z07

So far I bought all the added carbon fibre to my 15 and 17Zs at APSIS. Again really pricey plasticky looking shiny stuff. But it fits really well...for me anyway. There are lots of guys on other "cough cough"..forums who have had serious run ins with this place.
APSIS-C7 Carbon Parts

These are already on
upload_2018-1-19_13-7-36.png

upload_2018-1-19_13-9-42.png

Rear brake scoops. These look great on the black. Likely look great against any color
upload_2018-1-19_13-13-54.png

I accidently have these spats on my 17 but you can get these spats that are wide all the way around and tie into the front of the side skirts nicely. Had those on the 15Z. The ones from NOWICK are practically double the price of APSIS so watch out.
upload_2018-1-19_13-19-0.png

Next things going on:

The stage 3 aero winglets from GM that come in a bag with the new cars are painted plastic and look like crap on the carbon fibre splitter. Mine are not even on as they look cheap. I just left the little carbon fibre ends on that come on the factory splitter.
upload_2018-1-19_13-23-8.png

Exhaust tip surround:
upload_2018-1-19_13-34-49.png

upload_2018-1-19_13-53-13.png

I love the carbon fiber spats. I think they really help with the look of the front. However, now that the ZR1 is out, without the spats, I wonder how many Z06 owners will be changing over the fenders??

Reactions: ddgermann
I really like those inserts as well! And it would be tough for me not to make engine noises and run around while wearing those shoes, so they would have to be limited to the car. I like the license place surround. If I had one bit of carbon fiber built in my car, I think would want one!
At first I though winter add ons meant, snow tires, or winter wipers, or some other item for driving your car in winter. :rofl: No add ons for me as my car is off site, in storage, which sucks because the paint needs work, the headlights need some repair and I would like to work on lowering the front just a tiny bit more.... Honestly, I can't think of what I want to add to my car outside of two turbos.

Riley I was told to take them off last night as I was heel toeing at the dinner table. :D
The 2 turbos is a great place to start as we rarely drive at night. Should be pretty easy to lower it as the lowering bolts are for sale all over. However you and I have the same problem.... Our cars are stored away from home in the winters so it not convenient to just play around with it. :Cryin:

Derek, very cool purchases. I really like those vents. The shoes just took 2/10's off the ET.

My car needs paint correction but that whole topic of paint care has become so confusing I just do not know what to do with it. It is like the wife saying get some yogurt when you shopping. That without a doubt is the most confusing and frustrating aisle in the entire store. I don't believe I have ever brought home the right stuff. Paint correction scares me, not as much as yogurt but almost.

Murray paint care is a good one. When do we draw the line and have the car repainted? Swirls, scratch and chip repairs only go so far. I feel if the car is mechanically good and you love it and plan to keep it.....spend the $$ and have it repainted in a really good shop. Seeing the fresh shiny new black of your Corvette is worth it. I remember when my H1 finally came out of the paint shop after 9 months in there I was blown away. It looked brand new. Of all the things I did restoring and adding to that truck in 3 years that was what made, and still makes me the happiest. :Woohoo:

I love the carbon fiber spats. I think they really help with the look of the front. However, now that the ZR1 is out, without the spats, I wonder how many Z06 owners will be changing over the fenders??

Yes these spats are really a must have for me now. They really improve the look of the Z06 as that plastic just do not do it for me. I have a set of brand new ones off my 17Z if any one wants them.... free.

You are so right about the ZR1 body upgrade pieces. There will be a fortune made in these kits.

I was resigned to enjoying my new Z06 until my dealer contacted me last week and asked me to come down and talk as the ZR1 is still mine if I want it.....
Oh lord... here we go again. :Banghead:

Reactions: Bixter44

Ok Riley. You have been dreaming and talking about the twin turbos for years now... Waaaaayyyyy longer than the headlights, paint and lowering.... So tell your wife and your banker that you have our blessing and give the boys over at Phobia Street a call. :p:thumbs:

I like all of the carbon fiber add on's you have listed Derek. Don't forget about the full LED marker lamps from Show Stopper Accessories. These are a MUST in my opinion!

Reactions: ddgermann
Second time lucky... get a full size bigger that you normally take with these shoes. They say 1/2 size but it’s not enough.

Now this has me puzzled Derek. I tried on a pair of the “prototipo” model of this piloti shoe in a 10.5. At the Aston dealer this past summer. My normal shoe/boot/skate is 10. The 10.5 felt like it was going to come off. How can a full size bigger make sense? I didn’t try on a 10 as he didn’t have them in stock.

A buddy of mine had this same issue with piloti shoes. He gave up and bought a set of Sparco boots the same size as his regular fit and presto!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread