Nov 4, 2019
VetteCoins
Car
Still shopping
Province
MB
Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself prior to asking too many questions! My only experience with Corvettes is C5 my father had many years ago, and a big block C2 in the late 70s when I worked at a local dealership as a ‘go for’.

I have started searching for a C4 here in Winnipeg but it is pretty slim pickings this time of year. The wish list so far has on it a digital dash if possible, manual transmission, a convertible and a driver. My last summer car was a 2007 Mustang GT convertible with a 5 speed and it was too nice, so I stressed over parking it anywhere. I would like to avoid that with the C4. Mechanically sorted, cosmetically acceptable, but not too pristine.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Alun
Winnipeg

PS also curious about pre-purchase inspection experiences ...

Hello,
Just wanted to introduce myself prior to asking too many questions! My only experience with Corvettes is C5 my father had many years ago, and a big block C2 in the late 70s when I worked at a local dealership as a ‘go for’.

I have started searching for a C4 here in Winnipeg but it is pretty slim pickings this time of year. The wish list so far has on it a digital dash if possible, manual transmission, a convertible and a driver. My last summer car was a 2007 Mustang GT convertible with a 5 speed and it was too nice, so I stressed over parking it anywhere. I would like to avoid that with the C4. Mechanically sorted, cosmetically acceptable, but not too pristine.

Anyway thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,
Alun
Winnipeg

PS also curious about pre-purchase inspection experiences ...

Welcome to the forum Alun. Can't help much with C4 info but have a ton of C4 owners here that just love to talk about cars. I am a huge proponent of pre-purchase inspection of any used vehicle. Should be some area members that can lead you to a reputable mechanic.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.