boblister

Casual User
Jan 27, 2019
Chuncky1
VetteCoins
Hi guys, happy new year to one and all.
New project on my C3 1979E.
The windscreen wiper switch comes on only now and again when the switch is on, do I need to replace this switch or could there be other issues
Many thanks
Bob

Pull the switch out of the dash, spray contact cleaner into the mechanism and work it back and forth. Hit it again with the cleaner and work it back and forth some more.

That will clean the contacts inside the switch.

Alternatively, pull it out and meter the contacts. A wiring diagram will tell you what should have continuity and what shouldn’t. Obviously, anything that is off when it should be on (and vice versa) needs further investigation.

Once you’re eliminated the switch, it’s out to the motor and/or any control boards.

Lastly: wiring continuity checks.

Thats all just very general, I’m not up specifically on c3 stuff. But thats how I would go about it....:)

Pull the switch out of the dash, spray contact cleaner into the mechanism and work it back and forth. Hit it again with the cleaner and work it back and forth some more.

That will clean the contacts inside the switch.

Alternatively, pull it out and meter the contacts. A wiring diagram will tell you what should have continuity and what shouldn’t. Obviously, anything that is off when it should be on (and vice versa) needs further investigation.

Once you’re eliminated the switch, it’s out to the motor and/or any control boards.

Lastly: wiring continuity checks.

Thats all just very general, I’m not up specifically on c3 stuff. But thats how I would go about it....:)

Thanks

Hi guys.
1. Having a problem with my 79 wipers. With the ignition on they run all the time. I get high speed in the high speed position and low every where else. Checked the motor out which is fine.
2. I’m sure the problem is with the selector switch on the dash but Wilcox suggests to drop the column and remove the instrument panel to access the switch. Is there an easier way???
Cheers
Greg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.