St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
  • C5
Hey all. What would be the main cause of my drivers side window being loose and rattling? and is it a fix I could do without removing the door panel.

Hotrodron

Regular
Nov 4, 2018
Awards
Boston
VetteCoins
Car
2004 Z06
Province / State
USA
  • C5
  • You're Celebrated
  • USA
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
If I had to guess, I'd say it's one of the 2 bolts are loose that hold the glass to the window regulator, or one of the 6 bolts that hold the regulator to the door.Also what condition is the window weather strip in ? Either way you're going to have to remove the panel.

JSH

SILVER FOX
Casual User
Apr 9, 2019
Awards
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
  • C5
If I had to guess, I'd say it's one of the 2 bolts are loose that hold the glass to the window regulator, or one of the 6 bolts that hold the regulator to the door.Also what condition is the window weather strip in ? Either way you're going to have to remove the panel.
Thanx Hotrodron, that what I figured, hopefully it just needs tightening up, and the weather stripping is in good shape. just picked this C5 up a few months back, and trying to work out some of the bugs. Also been trying to pull up a video on how to adjust the top. The passenger corner window is catching the top edge.

AxeZ06

Regular
Sep 2, 2018
Awards
Hamilton
VetteCoins
Car
C7 Z06 Z07 3LZ
  • C7
  • You're Celebrated
  • Hot Chili
  • You're a Regular
  • You're Liked
If you don't get it on your own, there's a shop in St Creek that does good upholstery, rag tops, auto glass work.
Gold Star.
$$$$$$ tho.

JSH

SILVER FOX
Casual User
Apr 9, 2019
Awards
St Catharines Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1999 corvette
Province / State
Ontario
  • Ontario
  • C5
Thanx buddy. was also wondering what a lot of the guys are using for a spark plug and wire combination, and where or who would have the best price.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)