Hello,

Yes GM has a windrestrictor. The part number is: 23353688. In 2017 the part was available with the code VLN when you were ordering the car. In 2018, this option is no longer available.
I have a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport on order and in a way to make sure that the part will be available when I am going to get the car in April I have ordered and received the part thru the GM parts department from my dealer. The book price is $1,150 CDN..I got it for just under $1,000. It is quite expensive for what it is but I talked to a guy that had it installed on his Corvette and he likes it very much (in fact his wife loves it).

It is a polycarbonate part. It is transparent and it has a small logo on it. It is approx 32 inches long by 5.25 inches wide and about 0.375 inch thick. It come with a template to show where you need to drill 4 holes and the hardware (4 bolts, flat washer, 2 metal fixtures and plastic bushing). It is fairly easy to instal. It can be removed by unscrewing the 4 bolts but the metal fixture will stay on the plastic cover behind the seats.

Pictures attached.

Alain IMG_0262.jpg IMG_0265.jpg IMG_0266.jpg IMG_0268.jpg

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Hello,

Yes GM has a windrestrictor. The part number is: 23353688. In 2017 the part was available with the code VLN when you were ordering the car. In 2018, this option is no longer available.
I have a 2019 Corvette Grand Sport on order and in a way to make sure that the part will be available when I am going to get the car in April I have ordered and received the part thru the GM parts department from my dealer. The book price is $1,150 CDN..I got it for just under $1,000. It is quite expensive for what it is but I talked to a guy that had it installed on his Corvette and he likes it very much (in fact his wife loves it).

It is a polycarbonate part. It is transparent and it has a small logo on it. It is approx 32 inches long by 5.25 inches wide and about 0.375 inch thick. It come with a template to show where you need to drill 4 holes and the hardware (4 bolts, flat washer, 2 metal fixtures and plastic bushing). It is fairly easy to instal. It can be removed by unscrewing the 4 bolts but the metal fixture will stay on the plastic cover behind the seats.

Pictures attached.

Alain View attachment 14898 View attachment 14899 View attachment 14900 View attachment 14901
Wow, that is a stupid price to be sure! I'd like to see it installed on a car. I will definitely check it out at mt dealer. Thank you very much for the info and congrats on your purchase of a GS - a very good choice!!

One i had been checking out was Wind Restrictor
Corvette C7 Convertible 2014+ Wind Deflector
Bit less money and they can be optioned for etching and illumination. The standard etchings they offer are lousy but you could personalize to say Vette flags and Stingray or what ever else your heart desires.
I would want more information on the installation though as they say no drilling necessary. I would like to know how solid it is before buying. I do like the illumination idea. Would be great in evening/night

I recently installed a wind restrictor on my 2007 Vert and I am extremely happy with the results. It was very easy to install, required no drilling and is very secure. Mine lights up in Red and looks fantastic in the early evening. It also make is very easy to listen to music or talk in the car on the highway with the top down.
1526000040123.png

Looks great. Same one that I installed on my C5 then I traded it in on a C7. What I liked was: it worked and no drilling our bolts, just a hair dryer to heat up adhesive before installing wind screen. Mine was a plain WS with no graphics etc.

When I moved from my C5 to a C7 I saw a big difference in turbulence and so did my wife. We both agree that we don't need a wind restrictor on the C7 and have driven at highway speeds with the top down.
I had read the same comment about the C7 on the US forum as well. Little turbulence with the C7 compared to earlier models.
I have driven several hundred K's with the top down (Ottawa <> home - approx. 500K there and back) and did not feel buffeted by the turbulence.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.