Jan 29, 2009
On planet Earth
VetteCoins
Car
I had been chatting with the Ian W and Stephen P at WN and was happy to hear that they had survived the cuts. What set them apart was customer satisfaction which apparently was an important measurement made by GM when deciding whom to keep.

I must say that I for one have remained a very happy client and appreciate the quality of the staff there. OK, the prices could always use a bit of sharpening but I do trust these guys.

I had been chatting with the Ian W and Stephen P at WN and was happy to hear that they had survived the cuts. What set them apart was customer satisfaction which apparently was an important measurement made by GM when deciding whom to keep.

I must say that I for one have remained a very happy client and appreciate the quality of the staff there. OK, the prices could always use a bit of sharpening but I do trust these guys.

It's amazing how some people can have the best service and some can have the worst service coming from the same place. I wonder what sets the 2 experiences apart.

I'm glad WN got spared the first round of the Ax. I don't know where I'd go for my eye candy fix if it closed down.

Pankaj,
What does this mean "no start"? Does the car not start really? I had a problem with a fob battery dying causing a similar issue and fixed once replaced the battery. Can you please give more details?

Pierre, I'll do my best to explain...

Sometimes when you go to start the car, it will just not do anything except for hearing a clicking sound in the dash and the service enging light comes on. There is no message to press the brake or FOB not found etc. I even replicated in front of Stephen J at the dealership.

After several attempts it will eventually start. Recently I have noticed that after a failed start if I turn the headlights on it will start up right away.:confused:

I wish these cars would come with an old style manual crank (like the Model Ts in the old days).:(

Pierre, I'll do my best to explain...

Sometimes when you go to start the car, it will just not do anything except for hearing a clicking sound in the dash and the service enging light comes on. There is no message to press the brake or FOB not found etc. I even replicated in front of Stephen J at the dealership.

After several attempts it will eventually start. Recently I have noticed that after a failed start if I turn the headlights on it will start up right away.:confused:

I wish these cars would come with an old style manual crank (like the Model Ts in the old days).:(
Thanks Pankaj,
I have a better understanding. I suggest escalating to Steve or Ray to see if a TSB is out on that problem. That was how we solved my "Service Charging System" problem. Best of luck.

Thanks Pankaj,
I have a better understanding. I suggest escalating to Steve or Ray to see if a TSB is out on that problem. That was how we solved my "Service Charging System" problem. Best of luck.

Pierre, from what I remember I had escalated to the Service Mgr and he was going to get them to check for any software updates but there was nothing.

I hope I don't get stuck somewhere in the boondocks if the "no start" decides to become permanent someday.

Thanks for your interest.

Thanx to Brian Hay and the crew at Wilson-Niblett for putting on the Hillside show---my first time--great time with lots of old and new friends!!! Oh yea---some pics!!!
HPIM6342.jpg

HPIM6339.jpg

Good to see the East End crew!!
HPIM6338.jpg

Frank's new paint!!--very nice!!
HPIM6336.jpg

HPIM6345.jpg

HPIM6344.jpg

Lots of whistle cars!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread