I have a 2017 Grand Sport with the Z07 pkg on it and was thinking about getting the Mild2Wild module for the exhaust NPP valve, any reviews on that?
I considered this as well but didn't see any real advantage for me anyway. In track mode all the valves are open all the time anyway. I didn't want to run in full track mode all the time so just went into my Settings on the touch screen and to Engine sound settings. There you can set the sound to Track mode and your valves stay open all the time no matter what driving mode you are in. Want it quiet again? just go back in and change the sound accordingly. The only thing the Mild to Wild gives you that I can see is having a button to press instead of a couple entries on the touch screen. JMO

I considered this as well but didn't see any real advantage for me anyway. In track mode all the valves are open all the time anyway. I didn't want to run in full track mode all the time so just went into my Settings on the touch screen and to Engine sound settings. There you can set the sound to Track mode and your valves stay open all the time no matter what driving mode you are in. Want it quiet again? just go back in and change the sound accordingly. The only thing the Mild to Wild gives you that I can see is having a button to press instead of a couple entries on the touch screen. JMO
I have read that with that option the exhaust will only open when starting and when the throttle is at 80% and rpm is above 3500. That is why I was wondering if i should use that module. Any experts out there that can verify this?

I have read that with that option the exhaust will only open when starting and when the throttle is at 80% and rpm is above 3500. That is why I was wondering if i should use that module. Any experts out there that can verify this?
My engine sound management is set to 'Track' and my exhaust is valves open track sound all the time and at all rpms. Maybe that makes me an expert? :cool:

• Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Correct. Setting it to Track does not mean the valves are open all the time

Easiest way to do that is the pull the fuse that controls the valves. Then it stays open all the time. Dont need some fancy device. Yank the fuse and put it back in if you dont like it but I am assuming you will! Havent even considered putting the fuse back in over the past 2 years

Cant remember the fuse number but do a search as lots of threads on this here and on the other forum

It's in the glove box if ever needed but not seeing a pass through of Edmonton any time soon :D

It doesn't make it any louder really. The thing that made mine louder was cutting out the secondary cats in the x-pipe. Nice sound improvement for little cost!

Easiest way to do that is the pull the fuse that controls the valves. Then it stays open all the time. Dont need some fancy device. Yank the fuse and put it back in if you dont like it but I am assuming you will! Havent even considered putting the fuse back in over the past 2 years

Cant remember the fuse number but do a search as lots of threads on this here and on the other forum
Welcome to come out and have a look up mine anytime. :cool:

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
As others noted, even in track mode, the NPP valves close in certain conditions. I played around with pulling the fuse but eventually got the Mild2Wild so I had the option to keep it quiet. Happy I got it. Ended up getting another one for someone else, but theirs is a 2014 and it doesn't work as well on those years (due to lack of stealth mode....it's complicated). Might sell it if you're interested.

Reactions: Vern1

I thought I had read that if you pull the fuse it throws a code

As others noted, even in track mode, the NPP valves close in certain conditions. I played around with pulling the fuse but eventually got the Mild2Wild so I had the option to keep it quiet. Happy I got it. Ended up getting another one for someone else, but theirs is a 2014 and it doesn't work as well on those years (due to lack of stealth mode....it's complicated). Might sell it if you're interested.
Where are you located?

I pulled the fuse on my 2017 it is fuse #42 and the car sounds amazing I think i will keep the fuse out for the time being!

• Agree
Reactions: 1 BAD 9T9 and Vern1
It's in the glove box if ever needed but not seeing a pass through of Edmonton any time soon :D

It doesn't make it any louder really. The thing that made mine louder was cutting out the secondary cats in the x-pipe. Nice sound improvement for little cost!
Hey do you have any video of the exhaust now? Looking to do this to my 2019 c7. I want to do a 2nd cats delete so I can keep the npp muffler/exhaust

Sorry no videos, maybe try YouTube. But honestly videos are rough to a sense of the real sounds. I doubt you will be disappointed. It's a little louder and deeper. Was at Corvettes at Carlisle this weekend and got a few compliments and questions about it

It's about $500 to do I recall which is many multiples cheaper than a cat back system. Then again it's not as loud as a Borla etc. A good midpoint I would say

If you're in TO your welcome to hear it

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.