I'm considering dismounting the current tires from the wheels I'm using now to install them on my newly purchased Apex wheels last week. In the Etobicoke/West Mississauga area who do you use when you need tires mounted?

This is for my C7 ZR1 so tires are 285/30/19F and 335/25/20R runflat tires. Obviously no damage to both wheel and tire is a given (if anybody does this job and F up my wheel/tires I will be VERY PISSED!!!!!!! WITH A CAPITAL P)

Let me know who you use.

I currently use a place up in Vaughn but trying to see if a more local place is available that does a good job. Thanks.

Tony

I was just speaking with a guy who was selling a set of wheels and tires. He had one wheel damaged and we had a discussion on mounting.

My go to are my friends and fellow car nuts Daryl and Alex at Adrena Garage. They have the TOP of the line Hunter machine and top of the line road force Hunter balancer, and know how to use them. When the local high-end dealers don’t do their own wheels and bring them to their place, that tells you everything. Mounting big wheels and tires is not as easy as people think. I cannot count the amount of damaged wheels I’ve seen from people going to their local tire shops. You need the best equipment and you need to know how to use it.

Tell them Craig sent you. Number is +1 (647) 990-1333. They just moved locations but should be good to go.

• Informative
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I'm considering dismounting the current tires from the wheels I'm using now to install them on my newly purchased Apex wheels last week. In the Etobicoke/West Mississauga area who do you use when you need tires mounted?

This is for my C7 ZR1 so tires are 285/30/19F and 335/25/20R runflat tires. Obviously no damage to both wheel and tire is a given (if anybody does this job and F up my wheel/tires I will be VERY PISSED!!!!!!! WITH A CAPITAL P)

Let me know who you use.

I currently use a place up in Vaughn but trying to see if a more local place is available that does a good job. Thanks.

Tony
Whoever you choose make sure they know they are run flats and have experience with them. They are a nasty tire to change out.

Yep, the place I use up in Vaughn dismounted my Cup 2's from the OE wheels spring of 2020 (just b4 the Covid crap) and did a PERFECT JOB!!!! Not a mark on the wheel, same with the RSR wheels I got 1.5 years ago and they mounted up the B/stone RF S007A tires to them again perfect without marking up the wheels at all. They were also mounting the rear 335/25/20 tires to a 12.5" wide wheel (1/2" wider than factory sizing).

Got a couple of recommends already (1 for Kipling Tire via a PM) and I plan to go have a chat with them and see what they say, they are local to me).

Also from the Apex website, looks like the weights they posted for the wheels I got are bang on, not exact weights since I'm using a bathroom scale but I got a hair over 20 lbs. for the front wheel and slightly over 22 lbs. for the rear. Apex lists 20.3 lbs F 19x10.5" and 22.6 lbs R 20x12.5"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.