Thought I'd have my C8 parked by now, however Edmonton weather has been +++ too nice with (mostly) bone dry main roads, so I couldn't resist what is likely my last day of 2022 driving today (and the many days leading up to today). Thank goodness for all-seasons. Even so, I doubt I'll be driving this late in the year, ever again (never say never?). Snow and colder temps forecast for tomorrow, so I expect I'll be detailing it tomorrow in my heated garage, before driving it onto my 4-post lift for its winter snooze. I saw no other sport cars on the roads today; not even a 911...

C8 driving November 26:22 Edmonton.jpg

Good for you, Man! :Party:
My C7 has been parked for two weeks now. The main reason is I came out of retirement (again) so I am in Cold Lake 4 days per week. :Biggrin:
.... I did see two sport bikes on the Henday Thursday afternoon! o_O

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Good for you, Man! :Party:
My C7 has been parked for two weeks now. The main reason is I came out of retirement (again) so I am in Cold Lake 4 days per week. :Biggrin:
.... I did see two sport bikes on the Henday Thursday afternoon! o_O

When driving my motorcycles, that's where I drew the line: not on pavement with "grit" on it (like now or especially first thing in the Spring), which kills traction especially when leaning through a corner. I good recipe for laying a bike down and sliding into oncoming traffic.

Some people worry about driving a C8 with that same "grit" on the roads, for fear of rock chips. I would too these days but my front end (and elsewhere) is all PPF'd and (hopefully) protected enough. Perhaps "famous last words", since I still have to drive home tonight...

Reactions: Dik
Thought I'd have my C8 parked by now, however Edmonton weather has been +++ too nice with (mostly) bone dry main roads, so I couldn't resist what is likely my last day of 2022 driving today (and the many days leading up to today). Thank goodness for all-seasons. Even so, I doubt I'll be driving this late in the year, ever again (never say never?). Snow and colder temps forecast for tomorrow, so I expect I'll be detailing it tomorrow in my heated garage, before driving it onto my 4-post lift for its winter snooze. I saw no other sport cars on the roads today; not even a 911...

View attachment 102977
Love it, did you have the "All Seasons" on her?

Nice to see Vaughn, I sure hope the weather in Calgary holds for 3 more days. It's supposed to get cold but hope there is no snow. We take possession of our new home just west of Calgary on Tuesday and if the roads stay bare and clear I'll drive the GS to our new home. If not, I'll need to round up a car hauler.

Well, winter has hit Edmonton with a vengeance...we're now in "the deepfreeze" with temperatures around -30 C. and close to -40+ C. with wind chill. Only for a few days but we'll get this again (likely) for another week or two, before Spring. Here's my C8 safely tucked away: :)

2023 C8 Parked for Winter 1.jpg

2023 C8 Parked for Winter 2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.