No you are not.

As a kid on a family vacation in the summer of 1969 my family traveled down what was left of it from Oklahoma City to LA. Most of it in Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico had parts of Arizona had not been upgraded to Interstate 40 at that time.

Remember that Colin didn't come over here until he was ~ 10yrs old.

So.....its possible he was still 'settling in' and getting used to
things Canadian while the show was on the TV.

Just a thought.

Tony,
welland

No--CCO is an old fart too....LOL

JK Colin.

Hey Vince I resemble that remark ...... :rofl:

I still have no clue on Route 66 that ran from '60 to '64, starring Martin Milner, George Maharis and Glenn Corbett, who drove everyone's dream car: a corvette roadster, -- no clue whatsoever.....:D

Dan doesn't know me like you do (yet) Vince -- :)

Last edited:
Remember that Colin didn't come over here until he was ~ 10yrs old.

So.....its possible he was still 'settling in' and getting used to
things Canadian while the show was on the TV.

Just a thought.

Tony,
welland

.......and if I did know the show Route 66 it was because it's in re-runs on Nickleodeon today. and I believe it was the '70's when I came over wasn't it Tony -- I forget now exactly when but pretty sure it was the '70's when I came over at age 10......

C.

better get that damned Grecian Formula back out. My hair is in need of a touch up.:D

I also remember the show, even though I was mighty young at the time.
I'm sure CCO would also remember it, but then again he may have missed it taking all those photo-classes.

True dat -- but I was quite young when I enrolled in photog classes ....:D

Route 66 -- a likely story..... long long b4 my time but was good in re-runs...If I did remember it....:D

C.

you-knew-where-the-route-66-vettes-were-on-friday-nights-.jpg

Netflix has the whole series .They are terrible to watch ,black and white ,no sex ,no violence ,not that much of the car .Watching the first episode was disappointing because it took place in Mississippi 1000 miles from RT 66 .

Yes ,I'm old enough to remember watching the original's on TV with my older brother.

Netflix has the whole series .They are terrible to watch ,black and white ,no sex ,no violence ,not that much of the car .Watching the first episode was disappointing because it took place in Mississippi 1000 miles from RT 66 .

Yes ,I'm old enough to remember watching the original's on TV with my older brother.

Damn and some guys know I'm your age Stephen -- The cat's out of the bag now. They all know I'm an old fart.:rofl:

Yeah some of these old series and movies look weird now but we enjoyed 'em back in the day. How times have changed in the last 50 odd years.

I'm glad they're available tho -- I enjoy watching some of the old shows.

Colin.

I'm gonna be even older next Friday -- 66 trips around the sun as Caledonia Brian would say.:) -- still :driving: and having fun tho.:D

Thanks guys -- all very reassuring but where can I buy a new back? This one hurts more than it used to -- I know where I can get new knees at a reasonable cost.......but a new back I"m having trouble finding....:confused:

Cheers guys -- It seems we're generally a happy bunch of 'old fart adolescents' all lucky enough to have a great ride and great friends -- One couldn't ask for much more than that could one?:D

Colin.

I believe one episode of Route 66 was actually filmed in the Toronto area.

"Route 66 is well remembered for its cinematography and location filming. Writer-producer Stirling Silliphant traveled the country with a location manager (Sam Manners), scouting a wide range of locales and writing scripts to match the settings. The actors and film crew would arrive a few months later.
The show had little connection with the U.S. Highway providing its name. Most of the locations in the series were far from "The Mother Road," which passed through only eight states, while the series took place throughout the lower 48 US states and elsewhere -- two of the episodes even took place in Canada. "*
*from Wikipedia Route 66 (TV series) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

David

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.