VetteCoins
Username Style Freeform (Sponsors)
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Car
2009 Base 1LT
Province
ON
Hello CCF,

I thought I would make a proper introduction of myself here in this community. I joined a few months back, but only recently started becoming active on the forum. I'll start with the more obvious:

My name is Eric Jean, and I am a Product Advisor (re: Salesperson) at Bill Spencer Chevrolet, unofficially specializing in Corvettes.

I would like to make one thing very clear: I am a car guy first and a sales person second. I am in sales because I love cars. I don't sell cars because I thought it'll be lucrative.

My background is Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. I have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Mohawk College and a Graduate Certificate in Manufacturing Management from Sheridan College. I wanted to work more with people so I intended to go into consulting, but without a higher university education, it wasn't possible. By this point I was 30 and I didn't want to spend another 6 years of my life and countless dollars in order to attain the education required for a job I was already more than capable of doing.

I've always had a strong passion for cars, specifically performance cars and motorsports. Gran Turismo was my religion when I was a child. A few people encouraged me to try out auto sales to see if I liked it, so in September of 2016, after graduating from Sheridan College, I went on a blitz to find a job, East of the GTA as this is the area I grew up in.

Long story short, I found employment at Bill Spencer Chevrolet. I'm very happy to have ended up here as the BS you often find in a dealership, for both employees and customers, doesn't exist here. I'm a man of morals and ethics (engineering background - you HAVE to follow ethics and you're legally obligated to report anything unethical). I care about my customers, sometimes maybe a bit too much.

I sold my first Corvette in November of 2016 and my first Z06 the following spring. Since then, I've had 33 happy Corvette customers as I help bring the dealership towards being a top Corvette dealership in Canada.

Late last June, I got my hands on my very own Corvette. I nice 2009 Base 1LT coupe, non-Z51, in Velocity Yellow with about 60,000 km on it (photo below). It's my only car and I drive it every day. Today, I rolled over 68,000 km and I'm loving every minute of it! In the short time I've had it, I've toured the back-roads around Bancroft, I took it to Shannonville (and got a blistering lap time of 2:08.30, and then promptly spent about $2,000 fixing the car - front brakes, replacement wheels, and then some), I've auto-crossed it regularly (cought air at one event), and I even took it down to Carlisle, Pennsylvania for Corvettes at Carlisle at the end of August. I love this Corvette, and all Corvettes, and everything about them.

But, as I said, I'm a car guy. I love everything with wheels and an engine, from the little Spark to a lifted Silverado, they're all cool to me.

I'm not joining the site with the expectation of turning everyone into my customer. That is not my intention. I'm here to chat and chill with fellow Corvette and performance car enthusiasts. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have my own 'Vette. I do have the unique position of working at a dealership, so I have access to information that may be a bit more difficult to find. In addition, I take pride in retaining information; I'm a bit of a walking encyclopedia. If you have any questions about a new 'Vette, feel free to ask! If I don't know the answer, I'm good at researching, I'll be able to find it.

IMG_20190707_100234.jpg

Last edited:
Hello CCF,

I thought I would make a proper introduction of myself here in this community. I joined a few months back, but only recently started becoming active on the forum. I'll start with the more obvious:

My name is Eric Jean, and I am a Product Advisor (re: Salesperson) at Bill Spencer Chevrolet, unofficially specializing in Corvettes.

I would like to make one thing very clear: I am a car guy first and a sales person second. I am in sales because I love cars. I don't sell cars because I thought it'll be lucrative.

My background is Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering. I have a diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Mohawk College and a Graduate Certificate in Manufacturing Management from Sheridan College. I wanted to work more with people so I intended to go into consulting, but without a higher university education, it wasn't possible. By this point I was 30 and I didn't want to spend another 6 years of my life and countless dollars in order to attain the education required for a job I was already more than capable of doing.

I've always had a strong passion for cars, specifically performance cars and motorsports. Gran Turismo was my religion when I was a child. A few people encouraged me to try out auto sales to see if I liked it, so in September of 2016, after graduating from Sheridan College, I went on a blitz to find a job, East of the GTA as this is the area I grew up in.

Long story short, I found employment at Bill Spencer Chevrolet. I'm very happy to have ended up here as the BS you often find in a dealership, for both employees and customers, doesn't exist here. I'm a man of morals and ethics (engineering background - you HAVE to follow ethics and you're legally obligated to report anything unethical). I care about my customers, sometimes maybe a bit too much.

I sold my first Corvette in November of 2016 and my first Z06 the following spring. Since then, I've had 33 happy Corvette customers as I help bring the dealership towards being a top Corvette dealership in Canada.

Late last June, I got my hands on my very own Corvette. I nice 2009 Base 1LT coupe, non-Z51, in Velocity Yellow with about 60,000 km on it (photo below). Today, I rolled over 68,000 km and I'm loving every minute of it! In the short time I've had it, I've toured the back-roads around Bancroft, I took it to Shannonville (and got a blistering lap time of 2:08.30, and then promptly spent about $2,000 fixing the car - front brakes, replacement wheels, and then some), I've auto-crossed it regularly (cought air at one event), and I even took it down to Carlisle, Pennsylvania for Corvettes at Carlisle at the end of August. I love this Corvette, and all Corvettes, and everything about them.

But, as I said, I'm a car guy. I love everything with wheels and an engine, from the little Spark to a lifted Silverado, they're all cool to me.

I'm not joining the site with the expectation of turning everyone into my customer. That is not my intention. I'm here to chat and chill with fellow Corvette and performance car enthusiasts. I wouldn't be here if I didn't have my own 'Vette. I do have the unique position of working at a dealership, so I have access to information that may be a bit more difficult to find. In addition, I take pride in retaining information; I'm a bit of a walking encyclopedia. If you have any questions about a new 'Vette, feel free to ask! If I don't know the answer, I'm good at researching, I'll be able to find it.

View attachment 31815

Good intro Eric and your Vette looks great. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: EJChevy
Welcome Eric. You opened a can of worms as this crowd is C8 hungry now and ripping up the carpets for information. Although most of the stingray stuff is out the Z06 craze is about to start and I’ll be neck deep in that as that’s my minimum car. My current Z06 was shipped new from Ontario to my EX! dealership in the YEG area. Very possible my next one could be too.
To be fair there are a couple great dealerships in the area as well but I’m very specific on what I want and the only 2 cars in Canada that were optioned to the level I wanted and in the colour with transmission I required were in Ontario.

So enjoy the fun on here. I bet you are getting a kick out of a few threads. Storage/fuel/tires... etc.
Some great characters here and lots of very fun drives organized all across the country by little or sometimes big groups. Get into those. They are just fun. Some very nice people to meet here.

Very good looking car you have. Corvette is one of the very few cars that look fantastic in yellow.
And yes... this colour has a very specific and special meaning to many of us here.
“Velocity Yellow Rules” 🙏

Have fun.
D

Eric. welcome to the forum! You have a great looking Corvette.
I must say that I got my Corvette from your dealership this past summer and I have to agree that there is no BS at your dealership. Andrew, Sean and Scott were an absolute pleasure to deal with. Sorry I did not get a chance to meet you then, but next time I am in I will look you up and say hello.

Welcome Eric :Seeya:

We have an up-and-up resourceful member here folks.
Although cross-country, I've known him pre-Corvette.
Kidding aside, it has been for a good part of this year now.
My point-of-contact (ZR1 inquiry) with this small family owned & operated GM Dealership.
Yes, that fact and the Dealership name did capture my attention ... :joyful:

Looking forward to knowing more about you as a fellow Corvette Owner, Eric.
Along with anything you choose to share in regard to your VY-C6 enjoyment :thumbs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.