You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Funny, we were cruising to Vancouver from Golden BC on the morning of Sept 7th in our White C7. We get about 20 kms from Revelstoke and I see the cops on the other side of the road. He turns around, turns his lights on and comes up behind me. I pulled over to let him by, I figured he was after someone else since I wasn't speeding (much). He pulls me over and says "sorry wrong Corvette, we have a report of a White Corvette convertible weaving in and out of traffic in the construction zone but it has Alberta plates, is there a Corvette convention going on?" I said, that is strange, how do you even weave in and out of traffic in the construction zone? It is one lane with pylons, rough road and gravel on both sides. All the cars guys I know do their utmost to avoid gravel and big bumps in the road. The next day our salesperson sent me a pic of a White Corvette convertible parked in front of my dealership in Golden, then later a Black coupe. Was wondering if it was the same car and did he get pulled over too? Pic to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_3644 (2).jpg
    IMG_3644 (2).jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_3645 (2).jpg
    IMG_3645 (2).jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 40
Probably just wanted to check out the car once he knew it was the wrong one and could just chat with you for a minute. After all, they are pretty nice cars and most people like to get a closer look. A guy in a uniform is still a guy who probably loves Corvettes. :Biggrin:

All is well that ends well.

Probably just wanted to check out the car once he knew it was the wrong one and could just chat with you for a minute. After all, they are pretty nice cars and most people like to get a closer look. A guy in a uniform is still a guy who probably loves Corvettes. :Biggrin:

All is well that ends well.
Not our local boys, no car guys among them unfortunately. Pretty much radar trap operators/tax collectors

That is what I thought when I got pulled over not long after buying my Vette.
I asked him if it was because he liked to car and wanted a closer look.
Unfortunately he had other ideas to increase to provincial coffers.
I don't know about other provinces but the cost of the ticket is just the first part. Here in Quebec you get an annual "extra" fee to your drivers license until you expunge the lost points (2 years)

Funny, we were cruising to Vancouver from Golden BC on the morning of Sept 7th in our White C7. We get about 20 kms from Revelstoke and I see the cops on the other side of the road. He turns around, turns his lights on and comes up behind me. I pulled over to let him by, I figured he was after someone else since I wasn't speeding (much). He pulls me over and says "sorry wrong Corvette, we have a report of a White Corvette convertible weaving in and out of traffic in the construction zone but it has Alberta plates, is there a Corvette convention going on?" I said, that is strange, how do you even weave in and out of traffic in the construction zone? It is one lane with pylons, rough road and gravel on both sides. All the cars guys I know do their utmost to avoid gravel and big bumps in the road. The next day our salesperson sent me a pic of a White Corvette convertible parked in front of my dealership in Golden, then later a Black coupe. Was wondering if it was the same car and did he get pulled over too? Pic to follow.
When I had a 79 red car I was driving with the T-top off (early 80s) in the summer heading out to the highway and a cop pulled me over: I thought, what the heck, I wasn't going that fast! He just wanted to check my car out. He ended up coming to our apt. and I sold him my car which I needed to do because my wife was pregnant with our first child and I needed to get her a car she could drive to work as I had a company car.

Reactions: ddgermann
When I had a 79 red car I was driving with the T-top off (early 80s) in the summer heading out to the highway and a cop pulled me over: I thought, what the heck, I wasn't going that fast! He just wanted to check my car out. He ended up coming to our apt. and I sold him my car which I needed to do because my wife was pregnant with our first child and I needed to get her a car she could drive to work as I had a company car.
Good to see that she got over her pregnancy and that you got a new Vette in the yard. lol
I am sure that selling the Vette at that time was the "right" thing to do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread