LMBRick

Casual User
Feb 24, 2017
Misissauga
VetteCoins
Car
2005 convertible
Since selling my 2005 I have been searching long and hard to find a replacement. I love Lemans Blue and would "settle" for an Ls2 equipped car in that colour. Well, I have located a 2007 convertible with low mileage( 20000km) fully optioned in the States. Problem as we all know up here is that by the time I brought it up here it would cost the same , if not a little more than a local 2012 GS convertible with almost 120000km on the odometer.
This car is fully optioned and should be a no brainer but I am nervous of the relative high km. Should mention its a one owner car. Colour is not my first choice either .
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
thanks

Wow a dilemma ... it's not my norm to influence out of a tremendous respect for one's own individual taste ...
sorry to be not much help and I can't wait to see the pic of what you actually decide on ;)

however,
if you are still stuck this time next year (hope not though) ... come out West to Ponoka as I am sure there
would be plenty of hands-on opinion to gather especially the likelihood of your coming away with a favorite color ...
... go ahead ... pick a color ... (ya not all C6's but you can get a good taste of the generations too) :thumbs:
DSC_0075a.jpg

Wow a dilemma ... it's not my norm to influence out of a tremendous respect for one's own individual taste ...
sorry to be not much help and I can't wait to see the pic of what you actually decide on ;)

however,
if you are still stuck this time next year (hope not though) ... come out West to Ponoka as I am sure there
would be plenty of hands-on opinion to gather especially the likelihood of your coming away with a favorite color ...
... go ahead ... pick a color ... (ya not all C6's but you can get a good taste of the generations too) :thumbs:
View attachment 8424
Thanks. I think i will have to wait it out a little longer. The exchange rate just kills the possibility of importing a car from the States. Inventory right now is pretty low around here. Sometimes its just better to keep what you already had!!!!!!!

Reactions: YFCvii
To me you sound like you would rather have the 07 in the colour you want with the lower km. But, it depends on whether or not you like the wide body better. Is the GS a colour you like? Maybe you'll grow to love it.
As for the 120,000km. Nothing is super exotic in these cars and they're usually only driven in optimal weather so I don't see that being a problem, reliability wise. However, if you know you would think, I wish I had the LB or that's a lot of km, each time you drove the GS, then the choice is easy.
The third option would be to wait for another LB corvette to show up for sale.

Torch Red is "bold" id say. I like the wide body just fine but also like the simple lines of the base. Choice would be really easy if the 2007 was staring me in face up here. I was just musing whether this would have been an opportune time to take advantage of buying the loaded GS. It has all the goodies. A lower odometer reading on this car would put it out of my reach.In a few short years the GS could be up to 170-180km. What could I sell it for then??ahh so many questions ......Riley, i found the ride on the GS to be very rough. How do you like the Z51 on yours?

As opposed to importing from the US, have you thought about bringing in a car from Ontario? Post a wanted add and see if you can snag somebody's potential trade in perhaps? Have it transported or maybe make an epic drive/vacation out of it.

There is an 07 at Budds , convertible. Nice ride,black. They have about 5 there. I know the person that owned it. I am going there tomorrow if you want I can check what else is there.
Oil change with Mobil one.

Bringing one in from Ontario would be easy as that is where I am. Movie Muscle, I saw that one but it needs to be an auto, thanks. Budds is just down the highway from me and I know they had a red one(not for me) but didn't know they had more. Will have to check it out. The car I'm drooling over is in the States, it is perfect but would cost north of $42k to buy it plus taxes etc. Not happening

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.