BrianL

I'm New Here
May 11, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2007 3LT
Hi there. My name is Brian and I am new to this forum and new to Corvette ownership.

I currently have a 2007 6.0L base convertible. I am in need of new brake pads and rotors in the near future and am wondering about best source for both or is it better to stick with OEM parts? My current rotors appear to be pre drilled chrome units which don't appear to show rust. Also a lot of confusion over what is standard on these cars given the various brake disk codes out there. Any assistance in clarification would be welcomed.

Hi there. My name is Brian and I am new to this forum and new to Corvette ownership.

I currently have a 2007 6.0L base convertible. I am in need of new brake pads and rotors in the near future and am wondering about best source for both or is it better to stick with OEM parts? My current rotors appear to be pre drilled chrome units which don't appear to show rust. Also a lot of confusion over what is standard on these cars given the various brake disk codes out there. Any assistance in clarification would be welcomed.
I would only go OEM for what a Corvette costs...

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
Brian I agree with Tim. Yes there are better options for racing etc, but for just driving and enjoying the car you can’t go wrong with OEM. Your VIN number will tell the dealership exactly what came with your car for components.
Let us know what you end up doing Man.

Derek.

I have had good luck with Rock Auto, who stock OEM equipment. They price in C$ and their shipping to Canada is extremely competitive.
I can't find too many if any parts places in my hometown that can match their prices, even with the shipping.

FYI The OEM part #'s for the Z51 optioned cars are (drilled rotors)
Front - 8906328
Rear -89060329

Base Optioned
Front - 88955509
Rear - 88955498

Put in OEM part # in Rock Auto search and it comes up with the available options.

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: ddgermann
I have had good luck with Rock Auto, who stock OEM equipment. They price in C$ and their shipping to Canada is extremely competitive.
I can't find too many if any parts places in my hometown that can match their prices, even with the shipping.

FYI The OEM part #'s for the Z51 optioned cars are (drilled rotors)
Front - 8906328
Rear -89060329

Base Optioned
Front - 88955509
Rear - 88955498

Put in OEM part # in Rock Auto search and it comes up with the available options.
Good for you

I am also new to this group as of 10 minutes ago!
like you I am looking for brake parts. My car is the exact same as yours.
I need to replace rotors and pads this winter. there are lots of brake manufacturers out there that all claim to be the best!
I am looking for pads that work as they should but leave as little mess behind as possible and rotors that again work as they should but will not look rusty after one season.
I am ok going Delco if need be, however if anyone has had any success with some of the other "stuff" out there your thoughts would be very much appreciated! they all show how great they are but with some of their prices it seems to good to be true.....and yes I know the saying......
Thanks to all you fine people!

I go to NAPA Auto Parts. They’ll recommend the best possible part available with your vehicle. I think GM get their parts there too. Also they’re guaranteed. Replaced 4 Shocks somehow one did not last after a few days. Good thing I kept the old OEM and used one while I was waiting for the replacement shock. GM doesn’t carry shocks for C5 and USA don’t ship. I’ll see if I can sneak a set when we go to California. This COVID is not helping. 🍻cheers.

Max Brakes on Amazon...Located in Markham, ON...Great Price!

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
I used Hawk pads low dust low noise. Very good stopping power. I called them and they helped me select the right pads based on my needs. For disc I used DBC. Very shinny don’t rust performed well better than OEM. Do your research as these brakes are a great price for a better product. Good luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread