67HEAVEN

Regular
2 You're 10
Aug 23, 2010
Southcentral Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
1967 BBC coupe
There is so much in this story, I almost don’t know where to begin.

- urban outlaw
- successful business
- dreadlocks
- vision
- offbeat - oddball
- genius
- Porsches
- stone-washed jeans
- inner L.A.

Trust me. Sit down for 32 minutes and watch the video. Seems like it’s about cars. Nah. It’s really about passion…passion…passion.

Where are we without passion? You own a Corvette. You know about passion.

Cinch that seatbelt up just a little more tightly than usual, and hold on for passion - CLICK FOR PASSION

Come back here and tell me the thoughts that went through your mind as you watched.

Passion.

Did anyone notice that he used a torque wrench on the lug nuts then backed off the tension on the wrench when done. He knows what he is doing. It's the little things that tell. Excellent video.

Last edited:
how many guys don't relieve the tension on the torque wrech for storage ? does wonders for retaining calibration. this guy is one of those rare individuals that can be successful at multiple things and marches to his own beat. what a satisfying life he must have. proof positive that over education has little bearing on creativity,innovation,and satisfaction with one's lot in life. enjoyable video keith. :D

Its a familar story line , much like myself who turned a passion into a hobby and a hobby into a business .
There are a few of us out there that perpetuate the dream of using our passion everyday :D

I am so very fortunate to be living the dream , in the greatest Country in the world :canada:

Its a familar story line , much like myself who turned a passion into a hobby and a hobby into a business .
There are a few of us out there that perpetuate the dream of using our passion everyday :D

I am so very fortunate to be living the dream , in the greatest Country in the world :canada:

You know it, Manny. The secret to a successful business (monetary and personal satisfaction) is to take something you love and turn it into a business.

Yes, it's hard work. Yes, it's very difficult in the early years when money is tight and customers are few. But, those who stay with it, in the drive for perfection, are those who end up like Manny and Magnus. (You'll know who Magnus is if you watch the video.) ;)

Did anyone notice that he used a torque wrench on the lug nuts then backed off the tension on the wrench when done. He knows what he is doing. It's the little things that tell. Excellent video.

Don't want to derail, but I didn't know anyone, did not relieve the tension (I have a Snap On..
(just a another tidbit- I ran a tire store for 12 years in Clinton.. Never lost a wheel.. Never... Took over Exeter store (ran 16 years) and starting losing wheels after we were licenced and trained to TORQUE wheels- just a tidbit)

Don't want to derail, but I didn't know anyone, did not relieve the tension (I have a Snap On..
(just a another tidbit- I ran a tire store for 12 years in Clinton.. Never lost a wheel.. Never... Took over Exeter store (ran 16 years) and starting losing wheels after we were licenced and trained to TORQUE wheels- just a tidbit)

carl you wouldn't believe the number of guys ,who should know better, that put a wrench away with out backing it off !!! i have had my snap on for almost 40 years and the calibration is dead nuts every time i have had it checked. cost me 185 bucks back then.

Thanks for the laugh, guys. :D

I was immersed in the video, late last night, marvelling at how a no-money-British-immigrant followed his passion for design....started manufacturing offbeat clothing....made a great success of that....got into rebuilding Porsches and acquiring properties in inner-city L.A. and apparently has made a success of everything he has a passion for. I marveled at his determination, his focus and his ability.

But, apparently backing off the torque wrench is the star of the video.

Stupid me for trying to look deeper. :rofl:

It's those little things you notice that can make or break a deal of doing business with someone. I knew right there that this guy wasn't your average guy. I wouldn't even notice how many rings you wore or the clothes but little mechanical things like that just jump right out at me every time. At work in the body shop, I could be standing talking to someone and perhaps notice a clamp on a machine moving a bit because the bolts were coming loose. I don't even have to be looking for it, the stuff just catches my eye when it is doing something it shouldn't. Same with tires low on air pressure. I see scads of them and wonder if anyone ever checks their tire pressure. That's just me. I guess everybody has to be good at something. I'd rather be good at something that would make me rich but that isn't going to happen.

It's those little things you notice that can make or break a deal of doing business with someone. I knew right there that this guy wasn't your average guy. I wouldn't even notice how many rings you wore or the clothes but little mechanical things like that just jump right out at me every time. At work in the body shop, I could be standing talking to someone and perhaps notice a clamp on a machine moving a bit because the bolts were coming loose. I don't even have to be looking for it, the stuff just catches my eye when it is doing something it shouldn't. Same with tires low on air pressure. I see scads of them and wonder if anyone ever checks their tire pressure. That's just me. I guess everybody has to be good at something. I'd rather be good at something that would make me rich but that isn't going to happen.

:agree: right out of the chute you can tell this fellow is detail oriented. when he does such a small thing so matter of factly,you now have the mindset that this guy knows a thing or two and your interest is piqued.

Great Video! Besides passion, you can see this guy has a belief in what he does. He does it for himself and what he likes and people see this and respect him for it. It's not just about passion but also in being confident in what you are doing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread