wetelvis

2 You're 10
Jan 5, 2011
Victoria
VetteCoins
Car
01 conv
Hi All
New to this site as well as a Vette newbe . I have a 01 conv .
I would like replace the factory wheels with something a little different. I'm not the most mechanical and all that I've read has got me a bit confused so I'm asking for help with your experience good and bad will help me greatly.Oh and I'm a guy so pictures are appreciated!

Craig

What kind of wheels are you looking for? Polished? Chromed? Powder Coated? Are you just trying to get an idea of wheels in general? My favs have to be CCW 505 or 500's. Check out Nasty98's Corvette for an example.

What info has you confused? I only ask because there is a lot of info out there and am not sure how much you know. Are you looking for more specific info such as offset and all that stuff to? I can't think if it off hand but there should be someone that can.

You can run a 17" front, 18" rear rim like factory or go up to 19" front, 20" rear or have the same size on both front and rear however, the tire diameters would have to be different to keep the Active Handling/Traction Control happy. From what I have heard, the difference in diameter between the front and rear tires has to be at least a 1/2". Others will chime in.

I just have factory polished on my car so there is no point in me posting a picture.

Welcome to the Forum!!!

Polished or chrome, probably stick to the stock size just to keep the tires I've got on there now:Front 245/45/17 Rear 245/40/18.
If I found something I loved then I would buck the cash for new tires as well.
Just a little leery of spending 4-5k and find they upset the cars handling!

ultimate performance car

I've been looking Ultimate performance cars reproduction wheels C6 style for your C5. Hard to find anything about the manufacture or weights and does adding a few more pounds per wheel change much? They are based in Ontario:canada: hopping for some TO 2 cents on the company or the products.
I've also looked at the CCW T10 are very nice but not sure about ordering something from the states and the price is up there( I know you get what you pay for,at least thats what my wife says when she is buying shoes).

I was mistaken on my last post. I believe Manny (Nasty 98) has the T10 wheels on his car. Toque has the 500's.

You can increase the diameters of the wheels but the trick is to keep the diameter of the tire as close to stock as possible. Obviously this will require lower profile tires, which should improve handling response.

A few pound increase will not make a real difference. If you do notice anything, the car may be slower off the line than with lighter wheels.

I think wheels are like most performance parts. They come with three characteristics, strong, light, and cheap but you can only pick two characteristics out of the three.

Hopefully some TO peeps will chime in for you.

I was mistaken on my last post. I believe Manny (Nasty 98) has the T10 wheels on his car. Toque has the 500's.

You can increase the diameters of the wheels but the trick is to keep the diameter of the tire as close to stock as possible. Obviously this will require lower profile tires, which should improve handling response.

A few pound increase will not make a real difference. If you do notice anything, the car may be slower off the line than with lighter wheels.

I think wheels are like most performance parts. They come with three characteristics, strong, light, and cheap but you can only pick two characteristics out of the three.

Hopefully some TO peeps will chime in for you.

Your new wheel choice is unlimited.
You can go with multiple size ranges, 17-18, 18-18, 18-19 19-19 and numerous other sizes, all depends on which wheels you find.
There are many tire and wheel size calculators available on line.
Just keep your overall diameter close to original and keep the stagger close to stock.
You can spend from $600.00 to Thousand's on new wheels.
Take your time, cruise all the websites & forums. There are hundreds of posting with Corvette & Wheel pictures.

Also put a posting up here. Show me your Wheels.

Good luck in your hunt.:canada:

CCW is a stand company , that make a fantastic product . They ship to Canada quite often . There are plenty of people up here that have dealt with them. The ideal wheel wheel set-up for your C5 is a 19 / 19 CCW :
19x9.5 front and 19x11.5 rear .This allows you to run a 275/35/19 front and a 305/30-35/19 rear .
The only thing that will upset the handling is if you do not use a proper stagger . Now CCW's are polished so will require some work to keep shinny . Another good option would be Ace Slick Wheels or West Coast Corvette's has their own brand. Again these companies ship to Canada on a regular basis . The dollar at par means great deal s for us :canada:

Take from experience , buy a quality wheel and up size . I have gone through quite a few different wheels and my CCW's are forsure my favorite .

I run CCW 505a's 19x10 front and 19x11.5 rear .Tires are 275/35/19 up front and 305/35/19 rears... Manny is correct in that they require some effort to keep them looking good, but they are one of the best looking wheels for C5's IMHO.... :coolgleam:

Thanks Guys
I like the CCW T10 but I think it's just too much for right now.The tires I have now have a lot of life left in them> So I think I'll just get some reasonable price chrome wheels to fit my tires and when they give up I'll buck up some dough for larger rims and tires.
I found some repo rims from Eklers now I need to decide on the C6 ZO6"Y" or a set of ZO6 Spyders.
Love this forum,everybody here has lots of experience with great advice!
Thanks again Guys

On a side note Manny, could you get them clear coated or clear powder coated before mounting if you didn't want to polish them as often as needed?

You can have them clear powder coated , but some clear coats will yellow if not done propely. You also powder coated in color .

Thanks Guys
I like the CCW T10 but I think it's just too much for right now.The tires I have now have a lot of life left in them> So I think I'll just get some reasonable price chrome wheels to fit my tires and when they give up I'll buck up some dough for larger rims and tires.
I found some repo rims from Eklers now I need to decide on the C6 ZO6"Y" or a set of ZO6 Spyders.
Love this forum,everybody here has lots of experience with great advice!
Thanks again Guys

Eklers is a bit on the expensive side , try these guys as their prices are much better :

LINK
House Of Wheels Online - Your Source for fine new and used factory and reproduction wheels.

IMG_0133.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.