Apr 2, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
23 2LT Z51 mag
Province
ON
So my yellow C8 arrived in March, after a 26 month wait. I absolutely love it but had reservations about silver wheels on a yellow car with black (carbon flash) trim. So, I pulled the rubber off, stripped the silver and powder coated them in near carbon flash, along with a yellow accent stripe. Now it looks right. (to me, anyways)
20220523_152930.jpg

20220320_142245.jpgIMG_20220510_172831_01.jpg

Last edited:
So my yellow C8 arrived in March, after a 26 month wait. I absolutely love it but had reservations about silver wheels on a yellow car with black (carbon flash) trim. So, I pulled the rubber off, stripped the silver and powder coated them in near carbon flash, along with a yellow accent stripe. Now it looks right. (to me, anyways)
What was the total cost. If you did some of the work, how long did it take you? Obviously you didn't want to buy the carbon flash option.

What was the total cost. If you did some of the work, how long did it take you? Obviously you didn't want to buy the carbon flash option.
Hi Murray. It was $100 to to re&re the tires. The rest I did myself in 5 days. I didn't really consider the CF option when I ordered, it was after I had the car that I realized CF wheels would look better. And I wanted to add the yellow pinstripe for a touch of unique.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Hi Murray. It was $100 to to re&re the tires. The rest I did myself in 5 days. I didn't really consider the CF option when I ordered, it was after I had the car that I realized CF wheels would look better. And I wanted to add the yellow pinstripe for a touch of unique.
You did an amazing job. I love the personalized touch with the yellow stripe. It breaks up all the black. I like that fact about the carbon flash wheel option with it's silver ring.

You did an amazing job. I love the personalized touch with the yellow stripe. It breaks up all the black. I like that fact about the carbon flash wheel option with it's silver ring.
Thanks. I considered leaving the machined ring but I don't care for the 5 shark teeth between the spokes. They almost disappear with the CF doing it my way.

Thanks. I considered leaving the machined ring but I don't care for the 5 shark teeth between the spokes. They almost disappear with the CF doing it my way.

I wanna do the same thing but completely carbon flash how long did they have them for? And what did it cost if you don’t mind sharing?

Reactions: Raymondo
So my yellow C8 arrived in March, after a 26 month wait. I absolutely love it but had reservations about silver wheels on a yellow car with black (carbon flash) trim. So, I pulled the rubber off, stripped the silver and powder coated them in near carbon flash, along with a yellow accent stripe. Now it looks right. (to me, anyways)View attachment 96436

View attachment 96435View attachment 96439
I think you did the right thing.

I thought you did it yourself?
I did. 2 partners and I operate a powdercoat shop in Milton. We do wheels, motorcycle frames, tanks, fenders, old car bumpers, plus some odds and ends. Mine cost me my time plus the tires off-on-balance. I offered the info and price in case anyone wants to pursue it.

I wanna do the same thing but completely carbon flash how long did they have them for? And what did it cost if you don’t mind sharing?
It's about $950 to strip, blast, powder, part bake, cool, clearcoat, full bake. The black metallic powder is pricey. 5 days turnaround.

Thank you for clarification regarding the cost. Looks fantastic. I knew it was more than $100 bucks. Lol.

Did you manage to save the corvette engraving ? Hard to tell.

Last edited:
Thank you for clarification regarding the cost. Looks fantastic. I knew it was more than $100 bucks. Lol.

The engraving is VERY shallow, probably done with a laser. I tried to save it (in yellow) but it was pretty much gone with a light blasting in the cabinet.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8

The engraving is VERY shallow, probably done with a laser. I tried to save it (in yellow) but it was pretty much gone with a light blasting in the cabinet.

Thank you for the update

Cheers!!

So my yellow C8 arrived in March, after a 26 month wait. I absolutely love it but had reservations about silver wheels on a yellow car with black (carbon flash) trim. So, I pulled the rubber off, stripped the silver and powder coated them in near carbon flash, along with a yellow accent stripe. Now it looks right. (to me, anyways)View attachment 96436

View attachment 96435View attachment 96439

Great job, looks amazing. Love the detailing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.