Jan 25, 2009
Saskatoon
VetteCoins
Car
73 Corvette Coupe
Well I am in the search for wheels and can't seem to decide what size to put on. I though this would be a good place for everyone to post a side pic of your car and say what size wheels/tire you have. I am wondering if a smaller diameter is noticeable in the wheel wells. I am also leaning towards 17" rims (maybe 18" rear). I guess it would be good to know any fit details that you came up with too (like if 5" BS would fit with stock parts).

Anyway i can start with what I had on my 1973:

255/60R15 Rear on 15x8 Rally (4.5" BS, 0 offset))
245/60R15 Front on 15 x8 Rally (4.5" BS, 0 offset)

255 in front would have rubbed but no issues in rear.

I will see if I can find a pic when I am home.

T

Living up to my YYSSW plate I will be of no real help other than perhaps a smile (or stink eye) ... Wheels will look smaller with larger rubber 😇
80BBCF67-EAF6-40E8-A905-AF08DD14830A.jpeg

sorry can't help you taylorsk8 , I have the optional 255/60/15 all around and would not want anything wider or smaller / taller on there as I think it would look out of proportion . Lots of pics on the net so maybe just keep browsing and see what looks best to you.

Obviously you can always change the aspect ratio of the tires to ensure the overall diameter of the tire stays the same regardless of rim diameter. I bet 17’s would look great. Large enough for good handling, but leave enough tire sidewall so they don’t look like rubber bands.

Yes I can change tires to suit OD.....but some sizes are much easier to get (or are way more cost effective) because they are more common. My current(new) plan is 17x8.5 fronts with 245/45R17 and 18x9.5 rears with 275/40R18. This gives me a very close overall diameter (about 0.4" smaller)for the rear tire, and nice and wide. Plus, correct me if I am wrong, but this is stock C5 base wheel sizes. Should make finding tires reasonable.

Biggest hiccup is I don't know yet if I can fit the 9.5" rims in the back. Need to find some shop time for the car to measure and mock up.

T

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.