Tony Gull

Casual User
Nov 16, 2015
St. Albert
VetteCoins
Car
2018 Z06
Hello fellow Vette owners. Just yanking off my rims for some spring cleanup and seeing the usual paint chips and tiny rocks stuck in the seams between panels in the wheel well area. I’m talking about the painted portion around the rim of the well. Going to do some touch ups and seal off that small gap with some clear silicone. Anyone ever find some sort of protection for this area? This is my 3rd vette but I bought this one new and I’d like this area to stay nice too.

Hello fellow Vette owners. Just yanking off my rims for some spring cleanup and seeing the usual paint chips and tiny rocks stuck in the seams between panels in the wheel well area. I’m talking about the painted portion around the rim of the well. Going to do some touch ups and seal off that small gap with some clear silicone. Anyone ever find some sort of protection for this area? This is my 3rd vette but I bought this one new and I’d like this area to stay nice too.

I haven’t seen this on either of my C7Zs. But.... maybe I’m not looking hard enough.
do you have a photo or 3 so we can see where you are finding this?... and then panic 🤣

Reactions: Morby
Pics please :)

Reactions: Tony Gull
So the upper circle is where tiny stones get caught in behind. The other circled part gets pelted with whatever the sticky tires kick up, especially the lowest part. I think I’ll clear silicone off the small gap but the rest could use a 3M style wrap for protection. Maybe I’ll put chrome around like a Grandpa car lol. This is the rear tire area.

Attachments

• 36B4A87E-D75B-4BD2-A96E-6787190208D3.jpeg
    36B4A87E-D75B-4BD2-A96E-6787190208D3.jpeg
    590.7 KB · Views: 63
So the upper circle is where tiny stones get caught in behind. The other circled part gets pelted with whatever the sticky tires kick up, especially the lowest part. I think I’ll clear silicone off the small gap but the rest could use a 3M style wrap for protection. Maybe I’ll put chrome around like a Grandpa car lol. This is the rear tire area.

Thanks 🙏 much for the photos and description. The silicon idea seems practical. Hopefully you have more skill applying that stuff than me. I seem to end up mostly applying it to myself. 🤣

I’ll have a look at mine when I get back.

cheers D

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I would say check out ACS for their stone flaps they look pretty cool installed and I think would solve the issue I just saw THEY ARE ON SALE!!!!

ACS Stone guards

Cheers,

Kevin

• Haha
Reactions: Rruuff Day
I would say check out ACS for their stone flaps they look pretty cool installed and I think would solve the issue I just saw THEY ARE ON SALE!!!!
Cheers,

Kevin

:thumbs: First time I've heard them called "stone" flaps. Back in the day when they were called mud flaps, they use to hang. get covered in mud, and flap when you drove at any speed..
giphy.gif
.lol... But as Vette owners seldom go 'mudding' with their cars, it is still more appropriate than ACS listing them as mud guards...

ACS Stone guards

Cheers,

Kevin
Yeah I have something similar from RPI, they stick out a bit, and are colour matched, but protect the paint just behind the tires. There may be nothing out there and I’m too picky. Hard to keep it nice living on the tundra and I do drive it a lot.

Attachments

• 4A2E28B5-E432-4D3A-84AB-05A22A3EB038.png
    4A2E28B5-E432-4D3A-84AB-05A22A3EB038.png
    318.9 KB · Views: 47
  • DFE7C44E-580D-4EED-9438-9296C8149490.png
    DFE7C44E-580D-4EED-9438-9296C8149490.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 47
Yeah I have something similar from RPI, they stick out a bit, and are colour matched, but protect the paint just behind the tires. There may be nothing out there and I’m too picky. Hard to keep it nice living on the tundra and I do drive it a lot.
Che
Hey Tony this could be your fix!

Vivid Indestructable Wrap

Reactions: Tony Gull
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.