Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Thread Title Style (Sponsors)
Thread Highlight (Sponsors)
Car
2020 Corvette Mid
Province
ON
Let me start this post by saying that with complete transparency, I have not had as much time behind the wheel of a C8 Corvette as I would like.

However, that all changed last weekend as I was graciously provided with the opportunity to take our current 2021 dealership showroom car out for the weekend...
Insert Drum roll here - NOT ONLY IS THE C8 the best Corvette that I have ever driven, IT IS ALSO THE BEST CAR I HAVE EVER DRIVEN!!!!!

DAMN was that thing Impressive!!!

Below are a few photos I took during my adventures with our car, lots of new C8 content coming and if you have not yet had an opportunity to get an up-close look at a C8 Corvette, let me know, I am happy to have you up to our dealership so you too can see our 2021 Corvette Coveritable 3LT in person.

cf1.pngCF2.pngcf6.pngcf11.pngcf4.pngcf16.pngcf17.png

Hey Jeff. Purely out of curiosity I'll ask if you allow test drives of your "showroom car" if on a case-by-case basis, someone satisfies you they currently own or have owned a prior generation Corvette or another "street legal race-type car", they're 99% likely to be a legitimate sale (ready to plunk down a deposit) and they'll be reasonable during the drive and they strike you as being ++ mature; with a salesperson along for the ride, of course.

I'm super happy with my C8 but it was nerve-racking buying it w/o test driving or even seeing one in-person beforehand, unlike all my previous vehicle purchases.

Last year I had one local dealer initially refuse a test drive of a used C6 which I was checking out for an Ontario Forum member, until I met with the sales manager, told him I had some track experience (albeit limited to a long w/e) and there'd be no sale w/o that test drive. He said they're standard policy was to refuse test drives of any Corvettes, due to their "high-powered nature" but he then relented and even allowed me to drive it alone. But that was a used C6 and not a new C8. It ended well for the dealership since the member ultimately purchased it.

Is your Corvette test drive policy similar, for used and new: not usually allowed? Is that common amongst all Ontario dealerships?

However, that all changed last weekend as I was graciously provided with the opportunity to take our current 2021 dealership showroom car out for the weekend...
AND many of us would like to know how your dealership came upon a "dealership" car if dealers have not been allowed to order C8's for stock yet. Did someone walk away from an order? Did the owner purchase this car for himself? Seems like a dealership order, but I know an owner can purchase his own and use it as the dealership car. Nothing wrong or sneaky about that.
I just want to confirm (or rebuke) that dealers can not put in stock orders.
Edit: Or is it a 2020 CTF car?

Hey Jeff. Purely out of curiosity I'll ask if you allow test drives of your "showroom car" if on a case-by-case basis, someone satisfies you they currently own or have owned a prior generation Corvette or another "street legal race-type car", they're 99% likely to be a legitimate sale (ready to plunk down a deposit) and they'll be reasonable during the drive and they strike you as being ++ mature; with a salesperson along for the ride, of course.

I'm super happy with my C8 but it was nerve-racking buying it w/o test driving or even seeing one in-person beforehand, unlike all my previous vehicle purchases.

Last year I had one local dealer initially refuse a test drive of a used C6 which I was checking out for an Ontario Forum member, until I met with the sales manager, told him I had some track experience (albeit limited to a long w/e) and there'd be no sale w/o that test drive. He said they're standard policy was to refuse test drives of any Corvettes, due to their "high-powered nature" but he then relented and even allowed me to drive it alone. But that was a used C6 and not a new C8. It ended well for the dealership since the member ultimately purchased it.

Is your Corvette test drive policy similar, for used and new: not usually allowed? Is that common amongst all Ontario dealerships?
Hi Netsinah,

Unfortunately, our C8 is not available for a test drive.

AND many of us would like to know how your dealership came upon a "dealership" car if dealers have not been allowed to order C8's for stock yet. Did someone walk away from an order? Did the owner purchase this car for himself? Seems like a dealership order, but I know an owner can purchase his own and use it as the dealership car. Nothing wrong or sneaky about that.
I just want to confirm (or rebuke) that dealers can not put in stock orders.
Edit: Or is it a 2020 CTF ca

Hi Netsinah,

Unfortunately, our C8 is not available for a test drive.
Sorry, I hit the post button before completing my post...

Obviously, I can't speak to other dealerships' policy on this, but I know that when we had in-stock new Corvettes (C7) to sell we did not offer test drives of them.
We have offered test drives of pre-owned Corvette's in the past but honestly, it's not something that is usually requested by our customers.

Obviously, I can't speak to other dealerships' policy on this, but I know that when we had in-stock new Corvettes (C7) to sell we did not offer test drives of them.
We have offered test drives of pre-owned Corvette's in the past but honestly, it's not something that is usually requested by our customers.
Thanks Jeff, but do you do the orders? Can a dealership now order for stock?

Thanks Jeff, but do you do the orders? Can a dealership now order for stock?
Come on man, you already know the answer to that question.
We are in the middle of the largest new vehical shortage in history and can barely get in-stock trucks right now, how could we possibly get for stock Corvettes.

We are in the middle of the largest new vehical shortage in history and can barely get in-stock trucks right now, how could we possibly get for stock Corvettes.
I had to ask. There is a western dealership doing some dirty and I knew I'd get a straight answer from you. 👍

Reactions: WN Jeff

99% of people buying corvettes know exactly what they want or have driven one. The only reason to drive it is to shake it down to make sure everything is 100%. Most dealers are glad to let that happen once you have signed a sales contract ! Subject too!

Nice looking C8... but its sold! The sign in the windshield even sys so .:crazzee:

I was in there today swapping out 3 of my Trident Grey rims full of porosity holes.

FYI... Better tighten up that front plate before it falls off... next test drive?

:Cheers2:.

Attachments

• IMG_8270.jpg
    IMG_8270.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8269.jpg
    IMG_8269.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_8268.jpg
    IMG_8268.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_8267.jpg
    IMG_8267.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 59
But Murray, did you notice Jeff still did not directly answer your question? 😂.He would make a great politician. Lol (yes, I know the answer, but its funny nonetheless)
Being a Corvette salesman can sometimes feel like being a politician! I'm kidding! 😂 ;) 😂

But Murray, did you notice Jeff still did not directly answer your question? 😂.He would make a great politician. Lol (yes, I know the answer, but its funny nonetheless)
He actually did. You just have to be able to understand Gibberish. And since I was born in Gibber, I am fluent ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.