I did some research on it but can't see anyone using the 8" wheel, they are just too wide for the C2. The stock 65's are 5.5 or 6" wide. Some are using a 7" wheel, and then it depends on the backspace and if have disc brakes. If it is that style you want , 70's Monte Carlo and full size Chev like Impala / Caprice had them in 6 and 7" wide . Hopefully some C2 owners here can give a better answer .

I thought that the design specs on the rear end of a C2 and a C3 were the same. I know the 72 I used to own looked exactly like my 65 chassis. I know that the fender lip is too narrow but the backspace is what I was wondering about.

the trailing arms are the same 65-82 , they even make a offset arm that allows a 2" wider tire , but the problem with the 8" rim I think is that there is not enough room in the fender well for the extra width , the tire will rub.

the trailing arms are the same 65-82 , they even make a offset arm that allows a 2" wider tire , but the problem with the 8" rim I think is that there is not enough room in the fender well for the extra width , the tire will rub.

i agree, i used 7 X 15 Americans on my '65 but you can't go much bigger tire than a 215 / 65 / 15

007.jpg
010.jpg

I have a 65 Coupe and am running 15x7 Chevy disc brake wheels with 215-70-15 rubber which fit fine with stock trailing arms. Had a set of 15x8 knock offs with same tires that rubbed on rear wheel arches at normal ride height so went back to the rally wheels.

Attachments

• IMGP2248.JPG
    IMGP2248.JPG
    486.1 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: 12cents
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.