At the real risk of appearing as, well lets say stupid, is that real? Surely one of the most beautiful cars ever.

What are the plans for it Manny? If you need storage space I have room!!

Last edited:
What??? A 250 GTO!! :eek:

If that thing is real, you are one lucky guy to be able to work on such a legend........... I just hope it's still there in the spring when I fly down. I would love to see it in person. :D

Well its as close to real as it get's .

Let me explain . A number of years ago I read a story about a company that built a replica 250 GTO body kit that was so hard to tell from the real thing , that Ferrari sued them and was able to obtain the molds and destroy them . As far as I know there were only ever 2 cars built . I believe this is one of them .

Still a very rare car , this one with a TPI Corvette engine & a T56 .

We will be looking over the car doing for tuning and tweaking.

Its after all a racer :canada:

If there were only two of them then I was lucky enough to see one of them in front of a hotel in Vancouver in 1986.

Still 240's are such wonderful cars. I can remember trying to hunt down a Scarab back around that time too without success too. Almost makes me misty eyed for my 280.

Can you shoehorn a LS7 into it Manny??!! Rebello Racing makes some wonderful engines for Datsun cars too. Heck there was a guy with the Texas Z Car Club about 6 years ago with a 600 hp in-line 6 cylinder turbo'ed 240Z called "The Stealth"........... something about that sort of power in a car of that curb weight that just seems right..........

Cheers,

Garry

If there were only two of them then I was lucky enough to see one of them in front of a hotel in Vancouver in 1986.

Still 240's are such wonderful cars. I can remember trying to hunt down a Scarab back around that time too without success too. Almost makes me misty eyed for my 280.

Can you shoehorn a LS7 into it Manny??!! Rebello Racing makes some wonderful engines for Datsun cars too. Heck there was a guy with the Texas Z Car Club about 6 years ago with a 600 hp in-line 6 cylinder turbo'ed 240Z called "The Stealth"........... something about that sort of power in a car of that curb weight that just seems right..........

Cheers,

Garry

Oh Garry , you know I can drop and LS7 in a 240,260 or 280 Datsun :canada:

Do I hear another build coming for you . I can source a frame and body if needed :D

Good adfternoon Manny,

Oh you know me too well!

Another build? I would think in the future the answer to that is yes. I wasn't totally kidding when I saied I would like a 1500 plus rwhp C6 Z06 in mylife yet. While I can still see that far down the road to enjoy it and still have some reflexes to make it go fast.

My bigger challenge will be how many of the only a few 100 2010 +year Velocity Yellow cars are still available at that point.

What is even more interesting to me is that right now 1500 rwhp might be getting close to "cutting edge" today. What will DaSilva Motorsports be able to achieve with an LS7 in say five years with the same investment and effort today? Will we be looking at 2000 rwhp as the upper limit??

I mean who'd of thought a few years ago we'd have totally docile, driveable, grocery-getter 750 to 1000 rwhp cars??

But I'm saving up my $ now. Hopefully no more farm equipment purchases. Unless that 1150 Versatile goes for a song this spring. My current tractor is about 325 dbhp and the 1150 is 470 dbhp! It would allow me to add coulters to my airdrill. OK too much farm talk. More practical would be to invest in replacing some rotten wooden bin floors with steel hoppers and I'm awaiting a quote for that. But otherwise I hope to curb my farm investment to another piece of land. A nice appreciating capital asset and generator of income. Thankfully my house is still rented for another 5 months too. That worked out better than I'd expected too.

I'm not expecting too much but I'm also apparently off to Calgary at the end of the week. I'm not sure if I'll have the time to look at any yellow C5's with battery acid damage in the engine compartment but who knows..........!

Cheers,

Garry

Good adfternoon Manny,

Oh you know me too well!

Another build? I would think in the future the answer to that is yes. I wasn't totally kidding when I saied I would like a 1500 plus rwhp C6 Z06 in mylife yet. While I can still see that far down the road to enjoy it and still have some reflexes to make it go fast.

My bigger challenge will be how many of the only a few 100 2010 +year Velocity Yellow cars are still available at that point.

What is even more interesting to me is that right now 1500 rwhp might be getting close to "cutting edge" today. What will DaSilva Motorsports be able to achieve with an LS7 in say five years with the same investment and effort today? Will we be looking at 2000 rwhp as the upper limit??

I mean who'd of thought a few years ago we'd have totally docile, driveable, grocery-getter 750 to 1000 rwhp cars??

But I'm saving up my $ now. Hopefully no more farm equipment purchases. Unless that 1150 Versatile goes for a song this spring. My current tractor is about 325 dbhp and the 1150 is 470 dbhp! It would allow me to add coulters to my airdrill. OK too much farm talk. More practical would be to invest in replacing some rotten wooden bin floors with steel hoppers and I'm awaiting a quote for that. But otherwise I hope to curb my farm investment to another piece of land. A nice appreciating capital asset and generator of income. Thankfully my house is still rented for another 5 months too. That worked out better than I'd expected too.

I'm not expecting too much but I'm also apparently off to Calgary at the end of the week. I'm not sure if I'll have the time to look at any yellow C5's with battery acid damage in the engine compartment but who knows..........!

Cheers,

Garry

Garry , I would love to do another no holds barred build for you :canada:

Just say the word mt friend :D

Good morning Manny,

Maybe for my 10th anniversary post cancer treatment?? But that would be in 4 more years so I'd have to really start saving my $! But one of the nice things about being my age and you being (slightly?) younger than me is that we have a lot of time yet before you retire to your island paradise!

I wonder what major technological tricks and toys they will have then?

As an aside, would you still prefer to SC an engine to that level of output or are their better suited TC options for that desired HP range??

I'm not sure if this is the right time or place to ask either Manny, but was there absolutely NOTHING that the police were able to find about Arun's car and truck theft? You like to think in this day and age things can't just totally disappear and it is a depressing thought that no one saw anything or had loose lips.

May they be crushed (slowly) by a poorly placed jack stand.

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.