Nov 9, 2020
Thunder Bay
VetteCoins
Car
C8 2LT, E63AMG
Province
ON
With the prices of Corvettes going up every year, and with the unknown base price of an ERay, to those who are waiting for it, what's the most, before taxes, that you are willing to pay for an ERay?
Taxes of course factor into the final decision, but with the significant variability across the country, I wanted to have a comparable number, so using pretax amount.
For me it's in the $130,000 range.

My guess for the 2023 Z06 pricing was terrible, having listened to what the GM engineers said the price would be, so I'm somewhat hesitant to jump in the water again for the E-Ray pricing...

Having said that: for the 2023 base prices, the Stingray is $78,897 and Z06 is $130,197. I'm going to hope the E-Ray falls between the 2 at around $105,000 for the base E-Ray. So my "guess" is that the E-Ray will be about $25,000 less than the Z06.

My Z06 configurations are between $163,397 and $197,052; all numbers before tax. That's for a 3LZ convertible, which brings the price up.

I expect I'd spend at least $180,000 for a Z06 with some of the options I'd like...which would put my 3LT (? 3ET?) convertible E-Ray price at around $155,000 (plus tax). Going lower would eliminate carbon ceramic brakes ($10,000), the carbon fiber interior package #2 ($5,750) and front lift ($3,200...using round numbers), which would put me close to $135,000.

Perhaps harshadt your $130,000 is for a 2LT Coupe?

I feel the E-Ray will be $10-15k cheaper than the Z06 with its expensive 5.5L V8.

The Hybrid power unit if like what McLaren used on the Artura or Acura used on the NSX which fits between the DCT and Engine or also separate power units at each wheel won't be that heavy or expensive as these units are supplied by major component manufactures for loads of brands. Plus I feel GM wants consumers to buy loads of E-Rays as it likely helps GM with government grants or assistance in sales of EV vehicles...

Here's a good article on how Acura used the motors on the NSX for those who don't fully understand how GM may choose to apply theirs for similar uses. This line rings so true as I drove my buddies NSX and the launch was neat because you could feel the front wheels grip milliseconds before your ass was punted by the rear of the car. Insanely quick launches:

"Unlike most hybrids which provide a nice balance of power and efficiency, the NSX’s powertrain is all about performance. While it’s a little more efficient than most supercars, there’s no doubt that these electric motors are there for going fast, especially with a combined output of 573 hp and 476 lb-ft. They’re also the reason why the NSX has zero turbo lag because they fill in the holes in the power band, making power delivery linear and predictable."

So far my configuration of the Z06 is around the $150k mark so hopefully it will be around the $140-150K mark.

Last edited:
E-Ray is not pure electric, it’s got the same 6.2L V8 + front electric motor for AWD traction.
Based on the information I have seen on the E-Ray it will not be a plug-in EV/hybrid. The electric components will be powered by regenerative power only, recharging while the car is running. None of the released pictures showed a charging port on the E-Ray, so people are assuming it will not be a plug-in. Sounds more like Formula 1 regen technology to me.

Reactions: DenisC8
Based on the information I have seen on the E-Ray it will not be a plug-in EV/hybrid. The electric components will be powered by regenerative power only, recharging while the car is running. None of the released pictures showed a charging port on the E-Ray, so people are assuming it will not be a plug-in.
Correct this seems to be the case.

Not to detract away from the original topic here of how much will this car cost, but I was just wondering if there are folks on this forum who have been waiting on the SR list, and are considering jumping ship onto the E-Ray (or combined Z06) list.

My guess is that it would be a crazy move to give up a long wait to get into an even longer wait. Logic says to pickup the SR and then jump onto an eRAY list and just let it play out. For some who may have 2 deposits with 2 dealers running at the same time, might be a good move, wait to see which dealer calls first for a SR allocation, and then move the deposit with the 2nd dealer over to an eRay list.

Which brings me to my next question. Say a dealer has a combined list (eRay/Z06) with many/most waiting for a Z06. How does that work. Imagine 200 ppl on a combined list, but only a few wanting an eRay, will the dealer go thru the long list and bump those ahead who want an eRay when eRay allocations come in, essentially turning a 200 ppl list into maybe 50 for an eRay ? Curious minds want to know.

In terms of price, oh man, I hope as cheap as possible, and I hope somewhere smack in the middle of these 2 cars or even less. It's the cost to add 2 electric motors, some batteries & battery mgmt software and maybe some brake regen stuff. I would say around $105k-$110k for a base eRay 1LT coupe, so $120k-$125k for an eRay 2LT coupe, and maybe $130k-$135k for an eRay 2LT HTC.

Well Neil's you are describing the Bill Spencer list of Z06/E-Ray.

What I've been told is that they will go numerically from next in line to see what they want so if the dealership receives 2 Z06 and 1 E-Ray allocation then the next in line will get to choose. If they select Z06 the next in line will be told there's 1 Z and 1 E left. If that person selects E, the third in line is then left choosing Z or wait. If they wait, person #4 is contacted and so on...

getting a car at MSRP in Canada is not a problem, its the actual price + Lux tax that will not make it worth it for some.
Unfortunately high taxes are something we need to live with here in JT’s Canada. If the MSRP becomes out of reach, so be it. These cars are not necessities of life.
Merry Christmas. Happy Chanukah, and all the rest. Hope everyone has a healthy and prosperous 2023!!

Unfortunately high taxes are something we need to live with here in JT’s Canada. If the MSRP becomes out of reach, so be it. These cars are not necessities of life.
Merry Christmas. Happy Chanukah, and all the rest. Hope everyone has a healthy and prosperous 2023!!
Doesn't matter who is in charge, taxes are a necessity in a low population high quality of life society. We've got it pretty nice here in Canada. I'm part Ukrainian and am dam glad I live here and not there. We are diverse here and you'll never please everyone. I and my wife feel very fortunate that we can have a car like the C8 and have family that we can share this special time of year with. We have health and love and a car that can't be beat IMHO!
Happy Holidays to all and to all your loved ones. Oh, and Like Shania Twain says. Kiss your car at night! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.