This is now implemented. Hurray!
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I'm curious as to why I have to check what's new for posts from the C8 forums which I follow, but some posts don't show up in the "Alerts" link. I check What's New once or twice a day because of it, but a red box wouldn't be of much use to me because of the "old trains" and "aviation" threads which I never look at, but always appear in the what's new link.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I'm curious as to why I have to check what's new for posts from the C8 forums which I follow, but some posts don't show up in the "Alerts" link. I check What's New once or twice a day because of it, but a red box wouldn't be of much use to me because of the "old trains" and "aviation" threads which I never look at, but always appear in the what's new link.
Mabe a stupid question but have you checked the "Watch Thread" and also clicked all the preferences tabs in your profile? And lastly, go to the What's New and before you open any posts click on the "Filters" tab top right. Or bottom left if your monitor is upside down ;) . From there you can control what you see There will be a reduction in your pay if you ignore too many threads.... lol...

Mabe a stupid question but have you checked the "Watch Thread" and also clicked all the preferences tabs in your profile? And lastly, go to the What's New and before you open any posts click on the "Filters" tab top right. Or bottom left if your monitor is upside down ;) . From there you can control what you see There will be a reduction in your pay if you ignore too many threads.... lol...
I have a profile? ;) I just checked the checks and the checks are all checked! Check?
I don't see a filters tab top right or bottom left no matter how I orient my monitor! lol
There is one top left though. I have it set for unread.

I have a profile? ;) I just checked the checks and the checks are all checked! Check?
I don't see a filters tab top right or bottom left no matter how I orient my monitor! lol
There is one top left though. I have it set for unread.

filters.jpg

My alerts sometimes misses posts that normally show up there. Not sure why and don't really care. Clicking on the what's new and avoiding the threads you're not interested in isn't that much of a chore.

Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Weird thing on my computer is a "What's New" post, you know boring crap with trains and planes will show the last reply but not others that have been posted before. Usually find them the next day loading the boring stuff. Sometimes it is just one but not always.

Reactions: Murray20c8

I think I know what you mean and I'm thinking of ways of changing up our alerts to make them more meaningful.

Reactions: Murray20c8

My alerts sometimes misses posts that normally show up there. Not sure why and don't really care. Clicking on the what's new and avoiding the threads you're not interested in isn't that much of a chore.

There was a prefetch condition that was firing before making certain posts appear as read and hence not alerted. I've done some updates to address this and also added group alerts to reduce getting spammed by your own alerts. Something popular kids only experience.