Zora

Corvettes & Road Trips: Priceless
Regular
Sep 23, 2018
U.S. Pacific Northwest
VetteCoins
There is so much conjecture but we do know some things about the 2020 Corvette. Starting with:

1) Its tires are Michelin Pilot 4Ss, in 245/30R19 and 285/25/R20 sizes.
2) It’s wheelbase is exaclty the same as the C7’s (106.7” — within a max variation of one inch). How we know this, is two individuals who are professionally skilled, have first class CAD and computer equipment, took the only known measurement were have from the C8 (its tire size), then calculated that its wheelbase. These two pros, “Skank” and FVS (“FirstVetteSoon”), did their own calculations and both arrived at the same wheelbase size.
3) Using again that only known exact distance measurement on the car, they then scaled and calculated its height, again within 1” as the same height as the C7’s, e.g., 48.6” inches (again due to potential scaling errors, with 1” of that amount.
4) It has a square steering wheel with rounded corners (we have seen that in pictures), though I suppose it is possible that GM created a unique wheel for its test fleet — but personally give that chance a <0.1% probability.
5) The DCT’s paddles are mounted on the steering column (as again seen from a photograph, and unlike the C7’s plastic paddles, are a polished aluminum.

What else to we factually know about the ME?

I agree with you. It is a V8. As we both know however,, we can not quash those errant, repeating V6 rumors. Every time we put one to sleep, someone else listens to a video and concludes, “it has a V6.”

It will be a 100% traditional GM V8, OHV motor. It will however have some engineering advances over the LT1. I wish I knew what those advances were and how much HP its LT1+ will have. I am 90+% sure it has been reduced to 5.5L. Compensatingly, its improvements over the LT1 will result in more power than the larger 6.2L we currently have.

But whether we learn at SEMA, the LA Show (where we learned about the C7’s LT1) or elsewhere, whether the LT1+ produces 456, 470, 480 or 505 HP is unknown, i.e., even though I have a friend who works for Corvette powertrain, I have not been able to learn a single additional detail from him (not blaming him, for he loves and wants to keep his job), and other sources are also not providing any details.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.