Dec 8, 2019
VetteCoins
Hi everyone!

I recently sold my ‘17 GS and hoped to get the first batch of the C8s when they arrive in Canada but that looks like it won’t be the case since I’m number 5 at my dealer.

I came across a ‘16 Z06 3LZ 8-speed w/ 6,000km for $71,000 I’m heavily considering but I can get a base C8 w/ with the Z51 package for a little more.

What would y’all do in my position? Currently driving an AMG but there is no comparison in my opinion between that and a C7.

It all comes down to personal preferences.

What are the specs you want ? Does the C7 get you what you want ? With a C8 you could factory order the car the way you want it.

When do you want it ? Allocations for C8 could be hard to get the first couple years of production. The C7 you're speaking of can be sold tomorrow.

Personally, I'm not planning on selling or trading off my C7Z/07 3LZ 8SP anytime soon, but then I factory ordered it to my specs... Unless somebody offers me $1M for it then I would start thinking about it....lol

Good luck !

Reactions: Cobravenomous
Hi everyone!

I recently sold my ‘17 GS and hoped to get the first batch of the C8s when they arrive in Canada but that looks like it won’t be the case since I’m number 5 at my dealer.

I came across a ‘16 Z06 3LZ 8-speed w/ 6,000km for $71,000 I’m heavily considering but I can get a base C8 w/ with the Z51 package for a little more.

What would y’all do in my position? Currently driving an AMG but there is no comparison in my opinion between that and a C7.

My thoughts would be to go with the C7 right now, it proven.

Reactions: Dik
Hi everyone!

Tough decision. That's a decent price on a 3LZ Z06 with that low mileage. Tough call as we don't know what gonna happen to C7 prices once the C8 hits the streets. Some say FE prices will hold... some say they will drop.... We only live once... I think... lol...

I was in a very similar situation to you. I had the choice between a very low mileage Z51 vs waiting for a 2021 C8.
I gave it a lot of thought and ultimately ended up with the C7.
Now, I feel that the C8 will be an awesome car however I felt it would be better to let it hit the Market and prove itself
The C7 is already a very good car that can be had for a good price. The C7 will age well and the future will decide how kind it is to it’s value.
To sum it up, I can enjoy the C7 while the C8 solidify’s itself over time.

The C7 is proven and an awesome car. The styling won't go out of style for a long time. GM did a great job on this. The C8 looks great and performance wise it is way ahead of almost any car twice the price. If I would go for the C8, I would wait for two years just in case issues crop up. For now, the C7 would be my choice. You can sell it later if the C8 is what you want ... or maybe the C7 would have a stable mate.:angelic:

Well guys, I just pulled the trigger on the Z. It will be my 5th C7! Have to travel quite a bit so I will rent a U-Haul trailer and tow it.

Has anyone trailered a C7 before? I did some googling and it looks like it can be done. Hopefully no surprises!
Take lots of planks and blocks as the U-Haul trailer ramps will be too steep for the low front end on the Vette to climb. Other than that, wheel or axle straps to help tie it down. If it's an open trailer, some way of keeping the road debris from the haul vehicle hitting it would save the paint too. Good luck and congrats on your purchase.

• Agree
Well guys, I just pulled the trigger on the Z. It will be my 5th C7! Have to travel quite a bit so I will rent a U-Haul trailer and tow it.

Has anyone trailered a C7 before? I did some googling and it looks like it can be done. Hopefully no surprises!

Congrats !!

I trailered mine accross Canada this Summer, used T hooks for tie downs. My trailer is enclosed and this just works better for me than wheel straps. Car hasn't moved an inch in 5000kms. Also, as it was mentionned in previous posts... watch that front splitter when getting the car up on the ramp.

Enjoy your new toy !

Sat in c8 not impressed very tight feeling I’m only 181 lbs, no storage especially if you take top which I alwise do

Interesting. I sat in a C8 and thought the interior was more spacious. Perhaps not visually, but physically. I'm a big buy at 270 lbs, 6', 35" inseam and it was pretty comfortable. More head space too.

Reactions: Dik
I was in the same position as you. I ordered a 19 Z06 3LZ just before cut off and got a great deal. I was really torn between the two but in the end the two big things that stood out (to me)
1. having a true manual was really important
2. I didn't want to buy a base corvette and a C8 would have meant a non Z06 or ZR1 version

The other thing is the C8 is not proven yet and we really don't know too much mechanical about it yet.

Also when I bought mine I rented an enclosed trailer and towed it with my Tacoma (the Taco was a little over its towable limit) but it all worked out great.

I was in the same position as you. I ordered a 19 Z06 3LZ just before cut off and got a great deal. I was really torn between the two but in the end the two big things that stood out (to me)
1. having a true manual was really important
2. I didn't want to buy a base corvette and a C8 would have meant a non Z06 or ZR1 version

The other thing is the C8 is not proven yet and we really don't know too much mechanical about it yet.

Also when I bought mine I rented an enclosed trailer and towed it with my Tacoma (the Taco was a little over its towable limit) but it all worked out great.

Totally agree. Father used to say to me “don’t buy the first year of a model change” let GM work the kinks out first.

Reactions: Dik and V8!
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread