Aug 26, 2021
Montreal
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette 2023 C8 Z51
Province
QC
Just curious, once you guys got the call to sit down with your dealer, and select your vehicle, trim, color etc, and have your allocation order sent in, what money does the dealer require at that point, versus in the end when the car is delivered to the dealer and you pick it up.

Just trying to figure out what money is paid when throughout the process.

Thanks

It varies. I worked out a refundable $2500 deposit instead of $5000 for my 2020, when almost all dealers were asking for $5000. Once my allocation came in, I submitted my order and didn’t have to pay anything else however my deposit became non-refundable. Full payment was due upon delivery, or I lost my deposit. Some dealers require no deposit, especially for their good customers or when they can turn around and get more than MSRP for a C8 that can be sold to another, should the original customer back out. I’ve heard of other dealers who take an initial deposit, then require a further deposit or down payment when submitting an order to match an allocation. However most people I’ve talked to, have paid the balance owing after the initial deposit, only when picking up their C8. I’d suggest discussing this with your dealer.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.