Jul 25, 2012
mississauga
VetteCoins
Car
1974 stingray 4speed
Well just got my 74 vette last week back from the shop after some pricey repairs 2 foot section of frame repaired new brake fuel lines new bearings and parking brake kits etc I don't plan on spending any more this year but in the spring it's getting a new rear bumper weatherstrip kit springs and shocks and a new radio with speakers. I'm just trying to bit by bit bring the car up to date but overall it drives really nice.
I just wanted to know what mods or improvements you guys have made to the c3 vettes. I just plan on getting mine in really good runing order I wanna keep it stock as possible

Last edited:
Lets see....mine was pretty much gone over mechanically by the previous owner when I got it this spring. It's got a new 4 core rad, high flow water pump, new heater, rad and air conditioning hoses, new chrome alternator, new control arm bushings, new shocks front and rear, new rear spring with new links and bushings, new front sway bar bushings, new brake flex lines front and rear, 4 new stainless calipers, new rotors, stainless parking brake kit. The engine has a set of Hedman coated long tube headers, an Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, Edelbrock Performer 750 CFM carb, Comp Cams 1.6 ratio Magnum roller rockers and a high energy coil. Exhaust is all mandrel bent full duals with crossover pipe and Magnaflow stainless mufflers. Air condtioning compressor is new and uses R134A refrigerent. He also replaced the carpets, door panels and the trim around the windshield inside.

I've done some more work on the interior since I got it. New carpeted floor mats, reproduction AM/FM radio with an ipod jack in the back, new speakers, new clock, new shift surround plate, new gauge bezel, new HVAC controls, new vents, new tach board, repaired the parking brake console and a lot of new light bulbs. Also, a new original style front spoiler, new antenna and new limit switches for the headlight pods, new hood liner and new backs on the seats. Oh, and all new tail lights.

I'm now starting to paint some of the undercarriage and have been detailing under the hood. It's a labour of love. :D

Last edited:
I'd say so. It'll do 0-60 in the 6 second range which compared to stock is about a 2.5 second improvement. These 75's were dogs in the day. I'd still like more power off the line which comes down to the 3.08 rear end in mine. The 750 CFM carb is too big for the heads on this engine (stock); it'd be better served with a 650 CFM. This engine will wind out nicely now though and pulls strong to the redline. It sounds fantastic as the revs climb with those headers and Magnaflows. :D

I would like to go to the glass spring as well someday. I have a perfectly good 9 leaf steel spring in mine that is only a couple of years old so it doesn't make financial sense for now.
[mob][/mob]

'71

454 bored 40 over. Crane Cam, roller rockers, Edelbrock dual plane intake, Edelbrock 750 carb, headers, Keith Black pistons, Hei distributor, 4 core rad, double timing chain, shift kit (Trubo 400), high stall torque converter, Magna-flow's, 355 gears, all the ARP bolts, studs, etc, 275-50-15 T.A.'s ...otherwise pretty stock...right down to the wheel covers.

Good for low 4's if it hooks up.

Glad to see this post back to life since my original post I have a brand new interior minus the dash new headers weatherstripping bumpers drive shaft rebalanced plus a bit more might have gone a bit overboard but I love it Oh ya forgot to mention new valve seals hopefully my burning oil like a mad man will stop lol

'71

454 bored 40 over. Crane Cam, roller rockers, Edelbrock dual plane intake, Edelbrock 750 carb, headers, Keith Black pistons, Hei distributor, 4 core rad, double timing chain, shift kit (Trubo 400), high stall torque converter, Magna-flow's, 355 gears, all the ARP bolts, studs, etc, 275-50-15 T.A.'s ...otherwise pretty stock...right down to the wheel covers.

Good for low 4's if it hooks up.

do you mean low 4's as in 0-60 time ???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.