I tried the donation thing once. Lasted less than 15 mins. Felt dizzy and sick to my stomach for a week after. Too scary of a feeling to do that again.
Glad you tried Mikey, like I said, not everyone can do it. :thumbs:

I was at a clinic and donors were fainting all around me, I think 3 while I was there in about 30 minutes or so.

Different reasons for that... not eating beforehand, some dont like the needle (thats me) others may get that "rush" over them and not feel too hot.
Some can and some can't, thats just the way it is. Nothing against anyone..stuff happens sometimes.

Last edited:
It was a weird experience to say the least. But on a side note,If anything were to happen to me causing my death,I am signed as an organ donor. If anything,that would make me feel I’ve contributed something to society or to make someone’s life better.

A number of years ago, a group of us from the fire dept went to donate and that is when I found out that I am not allowed. I spent way too much time in the UK during their mad cow crisis. As much as I tried, I could not convince their medical control (Canadian Blood Services) to let me donate. So I ended up being the cheer leader.

Reactions: OL Yeller
A number of years ago, a group of us from the fire dept went to donate and that is when I found out that I am not allowed. I spent way too much time in the UK during their mad cow crisis. As much as I tried, I could not convince their medical control (Canadian Blood Services) to let me donate. So I ended up being the cheer leader.
I was over there for 29 days in 1983. If I would have been there for 30 days I would have been dis-allowed like you. Go figure.

Although this “money pit” is a lot of work ... I am in a great #1 place for the next 5 days. No noise and no traffic lights. Getting it ready for putting the boat on that lift in a few weeks. 😁👍🏻

EBE33D5C-7BDF-4B30-91F5-E512973469EF.jpeg

46423A00-53F6-4CB6-BC38-65DEB031E9E8.jpeg

They are very strict on the criteria that they use, it changes from time to time, they have to consider everything and for the recipients as well.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents
Congrats MikeysZ06!
Have you considered online betting?
Rather than hand it over to the govt for rediculous odds/returns, you can get 'real' odds online.
I just did a random 4 gamer, for today's games on the site I use. (I don't bet lines, just over under)
Works out to 18.52 to 1.
So you'd get 18.52 x $5 = $92.60 (and the gov't gets nuttin if you miss).
I use sports interaction. Cdn site. I've used it for at least 15 yrs. No issues.
Just FYI.
Good luck!

Congrats MikeysZ06!
Have you considered online betting?
Rather than hand it over to the govt for rediculous odds/returns, you can get 'real' odds online.
I just did a random 4 gamer, for today's games on the site I use. (I don't bet lines, just over under)
Works out to 18.52 to 1.
So you'd get 18.52 x $5 = $92.60 (and the gov't gets nuttin if you miss).
I use sports interaction. Cdn site. I've used it for at least 15 yrs. No issues.
Just FYI.
Good luck!
I’ve looked at a couple of the online sites. Have never played on them though. I’m under the impression you need to attach a credit card to some of them,do you not?

That’s something that wouldn’t be in my best interests. One of the guys in my shift plays on the Bet365 app and often takes the buyout feature. Says it goes onto his Visa. Not sure how that works exactly.

I don’t play this near as much as I used too now either. Limiting myself to 2 tickets a week at $5.00 now. If that even. Point spread is what I’m winning at more often than playing outright winners or the over/under format,and I play more hockey than baseball as well.

Yes, buying in with a visa is what I do.
I have a cibc visa (no cibc acct, or any other affiliation) that I only use for my over under action, and buy ins at poker stars. Otherwise, I use my bank visa for everything else.
I think store bought / pre paid might work?
Re the payout back to visa.......it's exactly that. Think of a returned store bought item. Money goes back on visa.
Sports interaction offers cheque by mail, or they used to. I haven't cashed out in yrs, haha.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.