Just boarded a normally full A330 to Singapore this morning. Usually full at around 300 PAX. Maybe 50 today.
happy it is not crowded but sad that everything is coming apart for travel in Asia. A short stop in Singapore this morning and off to Thailand. Think I’m getting out just in time.
I will be hiding in my backyard by the pool and BBq for the next month .... or longer if this situation gets worse. Please stay safe everyone and get home if you’re traveling. Already huge cancellations and I can’t see airlines continuing to operate many flights for much longer.

D
The Singapore Airlines A330 I normally take on my way home. Maybe 50 people on here including crew. Normally 300 plus on this flight.
View attachment 37132View attachment 37133View attachment 37134

View attachment 37135
No surprise to me Derek. I just got the "We regret to inform you" email for my flight on the 21st from Bogata to Toronto. No reschedule, no nothing....little do they know I'm already on the move....lol....

No surprise to me Derek. I just got the "We regret to inform you" email for my flight on the 21st from Bogata to Toronto. No reschedule, no nothing....little do they know I'm already on the move....lol....

I understand.
I just finished an extensive yearly medical and then got on a couple of planes back here through Singapore. I'm hunkered down for a couple of weeks to be sure I'm clear then more decisions on coming home. My work called and said not to plan on getting back offshore in Indonesia for at least 6 weeks. I have flights booked for July with Air Canada that I was checking today on changing to sooner as the PM urges all Canadians to come home asap.
But as you can expect that piece of s**t airline wants a bunch of money to change the flights and there is no refund for cheaper fares either. If you have seen the news about all the poor folks stranded trying to get home and not succeeding you now know at least partially why.
I used to spend a little more and proudly fly over 100K business class miles a year with this airline but I have to say, as a Canadian, I am disgusted by what I read on their website today.
Considering Canadians will almost certainly be forking out some sort of aid to this national carrier as the result of this current situation their policies listed on the official website will make your blood boil. Absolute parasites taking full advantage with no hint of nationalism. I can afford to make whatever arrangments are necessary but it makes me sick to imagine what others are going through now who are on a real budget and now no job or income to come home to. Many can't afford to be totally ripped off by this despicable national airline. Really pulverizes that sense of unity and the feeling that you are not alone out there.

I fly all over the world with many airlines regularly and never have I seen such a thing...especially in a time of crisis as now. Sorry for the rant but holy hell.. I am gobsmacked by this POS airline. Our Airline...nothing to be proud of anymore.

You and Brenda get home Safe and sound Eric.

D

Ya WOW ... I have family who are always complaining about their AC air travel ...
I'm thankful now that Air Canada gave me the shove off with their pricing from YYC to
Fredericton and also when I inquired if I can pay for my Airfare with my Westjet Mastercard. :angelic:

Last edited:
Home now. Just got in. $hit show everywhere.
A wise member told me yesterday that the AC motto is: "We're not happy until You're not happy". Truer words were never spoken.

Glad to hear you made it back safe Eric. That is happy news!

I FOUND WALDO :Hurray:

90279364_10158230520517905_3111283332948688896_n.jpg

Just boarded a normally full A330 to Singapore this morning. Usually full at around 300 PAX. Maybe 50 today.
happy it is not crowded but sad that everything is coming apart for travel in Asia. A short stop in Singapore this morning and off to Thailand. Think I’m getting out just in time.
I will be hiding in my backyard by the pool and BBq for the next month .... or longer if this situation gets worse. Please stay safe everyone and get home if you’re traveling. Already huge cancellations and I can’t see airlines continuing to operate many flights for much longer.

D
The Singapore Airlines A330 I normally take on my way home. Maybe 50 people on here including crew. Normally 300 plus on this flight.
View attachment 37132View attachment 37133View attachment 37134

View attachment 37135
Derek: Its kind of hard to get sympathy from us sitting in frozen Alberta...………..Also most us won't be getting on a plane soon
Good for you and enjoy your time there.

Props to Sunwing Airlines:
They laid off all their flight and cabin crews yesterday and suspended doing this but kudos to them for sure for getting the people home that they were able to, and without the price gouging that we were seeing from AC.

I got my biggest smile in some time when Murray Adam phoned yesterday. A group of us guys used to get together once in a while. As things sometimes happen, everyone gets going in different directions and get together's stop. We had a good chat and hopefully, the get together's will resume. I have always enjoyed the hour drive to Haliburton on less traveled roads and there are good restaurants there for a meal. We'll have to start off this summer on the right foot.

They laid off all their flight and cabin crews yesterday and suspended doing this but kudos to them for sure for getting the people home that they were able to, and without the price gouging that we were seeing from AC.
It will take years for the airline industry to recover, if ever. Even worse, it is likely the end for Boeing. From the 737 Max to this, there are dark days ahead for Boeing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.