Marc 9118

Casual User
Oct 19, 2019
Québec
VetteCoins
i expect to change the Spark Plug of my future C4 , i know its wierd cause am not an actual owner but i have all the winter to get information and watch parts deals, and if someone have already Do this tune Up... ? its Seem to be more difficult to the Passenger Side ...so how long it takes and did you need " special tool"? thanks

My GM’s get Delco, my fords get motorcraft and chryslers get champions.

My jap bikes all get NGK.

I stick to brands that the OEM’s use. Staying from that never seems to work out well for me. For example: I’ve put champions in a GM engine before and had nothing but troubles with them until I swapped back to delco’s.

Really, brand shouldn’t matter. They should all work just fine in any brand engine.

You can go platinum if you want, but all I’ve ever found them to do is drain the wallet faster (ie: more expensive). Only thing platinum plugs really do is push out the change interval. Makes no difference to engine power or running.

The only ones I recommend against are those ones with multiple electrodes, strange holes in the body, etc. Those like like “splitfire”, etc. They’re just gimics designed to drain your wallet...

• Agree
Reactions: hemicat and 12cents
My GM’s get Delco, my fords get motorcraft and chryslers get champions.

My jap bikes all get NGK.

I stick to brands that the OEM’s use. Staying from that never seems to work out well for me. For example: I’ve put champions in a GM engine before and had nothing but troubles with them until I swapped back to delco’s.

Really, brand shouldn’t matter. They should all work just fine in any brand engine.

You can go platinum if you want, but all I’ve ever found them to do is drain the wallet faster (ie: more expensive). Only thing platinum plugs really do is push out the change interval. Makes no difference to engine power or running.

The only ones I recommend against are those ones with multiple electrodes, strange holes in the body, etc. Those like like “splitfire”, etc. They’re just gimics designed to drain your wallet...
I had the same problem with Champions in my 427 way back when. Went back to Delco and it was all good. You summed up the Platinum plugs thing very well. A Harley racer told me the same thing.

Reactions: Baver
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.