Oct 8, 2018
Northern Ontario
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Z06 3LZ LBR-MT
Province
ON
I grew up in the late 60's and early 70's so I love loud music. What is the maximum volume level so that I don't have to worry about blowing my speakers? I note on the C-7 you have two corresponding volume level bars on the tachometer that rise equally as you turn up the volume. I run my tone controls almost "flat" and I've turned it up so that both level bars are at 10:00 and 2:00. Am I safe there, or can it even go more safely?

Cobra :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BDK and ddgermann
I grew up in the late 60's and early 70's so I love loud music. What is the maximum volume level so that I don't have to worry about blowing my speakers? I note on the C-7 you have two corresponding volume level bars that rise equally as you turn up the column. I run my tone controls almost "flat" and I've turned it up so that both level bars are at 10:00 and 2:00. Am I safe there, or can it even go more safely?

Cobra :)

Crank it.
Last I heard (unlike ford and dodge) the power to the sub is reduced as the volume goes up on the GM Bose systems. Was a huge criticism of the factory “premium” stereos. Based on my observations from the last 4 GM vehicles I have owned with the Bose premium stereo, including my 17 Z not much has changed.

Your car should have the top sound system like mine and it will go almost insanely loud but if you’re try to get the huge booming bass forget it. System won’t allow it. Cranking the bass to the Max is not something I do as ya maybe we can pop out the other speakers. Mine is just over the 60% ish setting. You shouldn’t be able to blow it out there as I’ve maxed mine out a few times. Good question though as I wonder if they would warranty it if you did?
It also depends on the quality of your input. Some sat radio is poor so your best bet is high quality off your phone or USB devices.
I find the stereo in my Z really quite good clear and loud enough but I do miss the thundering dual subs and the 6 powerful overheads in my H1. It’s got a way more powerful system to drown out the submarine factory level noise inside that truck as highway speeds.

hmmmmm..... enough decibels and that Hummer noise will eventually only be a hum Derek... lol....

1569075670984.png

hmmmmm..... enough decibels and that Hummer noise will eventually only be a hum Derek... lol....

View attachment 31690

There’s nothing a hot day heading into the mountains with the Hummer pulling the “High Lifter” RZR behind while AC/DC highway to hell is blasting out all 4 windows.
The horrified Prius driving, granola munchers are giving me the finger but the bikers always flash the thumbs up 👍
I’m sure they can hear and feel the Subs pounding in both cases as I go by. 😂

1569105880533.jpeg

There’s nothing a hot day heading into the mountains with the Hummer pulling the “High Lifter” RZR behind while AC/DC highway to hell is blasting out all 4 windows.
The horrified Prius driving, granola munchers are giving me the finger but the bikers always flash the thumbs up 👍

View attachment 31697

Don't take it to heart D. The Prius driving, granola munchers give pretty much everyone the finger... After all, it is us sucking the last bit of oxygen right out of their childrens lungs with our high performance toys, our diesel smoking monster trucks, and our self-righteous attitudes.... And we drink our coffee straight and black... That's what really irritates them.... :Smug:

Don't take it to heart D. The Prius driving, granola munchers give pretty much everyone the finger... After all, it is us sucking the last bit of oxygen right out of their childrens lungs with our high performance toys, our diesel smoking monster trucks, and our self-righteous attitudes.... And we drink our coffee straight and black... That's what really irritates them.... :Smug:
Hang on there. What’s wrong with a half latte, soya, extra hot, no fat, pumpkin spice, mocha chino. Diversity is our strength.....

Seriously guys take it easy on the volume, the speakers will take it but over time your ears won't. Take it from a guy who played in a rock band in the '60's and is now a hearing aid wearing senior. Rock on.....................but maybe not quite so loudly.

We only get to drive the cars on rare days in Alberta where it’s not snowing so... average it out and I believe I’m good.

But thanks for the concern. Actually meant that in a non sarcastic way man.

Reactions: Cobravenomous

View attachment 31697
You need the loud stereo to drown out the granola munchers... and maybe the engine and tires when they get tiring on the highway.

Reactions: ddgermann
I like how you're more concerned with damaging the speakers than your ears.

Does the C7 have a limiter in the amp for the mid/highs or just the bass? If it's fully limited you should be able to crank it with no damage. I'm pretty sure my C6 doesn't have a bass limiter as I don't hear it limit when turning up the volume.

My G35's Bose stereo had a bass limiter which I found very annoying and is one of the reasons I replaced it. It was right at the medium volume point I'd use with the window down and felt so defeating when it engaged.

Reactions: ddgermann
We're using up the oil faster, so we should be part of the solution leading to further developing of new energy sources.

We're using up the oil faster, so we should be part of the solution leading to further developing of new energy sources.
Totally agree with you but there is a huge faction of ill informed and ill guided population that thinks it can and should happen overnight. And now, since I've already been accused of one derail this week, this discussion, from me, at least in this thread, will rest....

Totally agree with you but there is a huge faction of ill informed and ill guided population that thinks it can and should happen overnight. And now, since I've already been accused of one derail this week, this discussion, from me, at least in this thread, will rest....
What I meant to say is people like us are helping using the oil faster, which will further help us to innovate and find realistic alternative energy sources. That being said we're not going to run out of oil in any of our lifetimes.

I just confuse people like that with facts like how light duty car and trucks energy use and pollution compared to industry and other transportation, or how the plastic in the ocean comes from rivers in Asia and India, with basically none coming from North America. The granola munchers used to be respectable (or at least semi respectable) group of environmental conservationists bringing awareness to resource use and pollution, but somewhere along the way they perverted into an activists adopting cult-like principals in an attempt to elicit submission and control.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.