I found this comparison chart saying 5.3 inches.

Attachments

• image_dfa7d72d5d0affc00112f5a7a76f24a1664ed734.png
    image_dfa7d72d5d0affc00112f5a7a76f24a1664ed734.png
    51.3 KB · Views: 345
just curious as my driveway had a slight bump at the entrance and all C7's entering my driveway splitters just barely scrape so wondering of the C8 height. I know I can get the optional lift if I had to. My C6 GS has no problem with clearance.

Is it the splitter on the C7's scraping or the rubber air dam. My air dam clearance is 2.8 inches but it's over 5 inches to the bottom of my aftermarket splitter. Scraping the rubber air dam does no damage at all as it's totally flexible and resilient. Scraping the splitter can certainly do damage.

Out of curiosity I just measured it on my C8 with Z51 and it’s 6 5/8” but that’s not the lowest point in the car.
The lowest point is the air dam(?) Not sure what it's there for. It's just in front of the front wheels. Anyway, Where I could reach to measure it was 3.5 inches, but I use a 2x4 to know where to stop in the garage and anything higher than 3 inches hits that air dam. 2 2x4's together are 3 inches, but the wood being slightly twisted makes it a little higher and it still scrapes. So I just use the one 2x4.

The lowest point is the air dam(?) Not sure what it's there for. It's just in front of the front wheels. Anyway, Where I could reach to measure it was 3.5 inches, but I use a 2x4 to know where to stop in the garage and anything higher than 3 inches hits that air dam. 2 2x4's together are 3 inches, but the wood being slightly twisted makes it a little higher and it still scrapes. So I just use the one 2x4.
Supposedly the air dam is there for a marginal aerodynamic to create slightly more downforce at high speeds. The center section was subsequently removed in later year C7 Z51 and Z06 to reduce a bit of drag for track junkies. No harm whatsoever in removing it.

• Informative
Reactions: Murray20c8
C8 has more ground clearance up front than C7
Yeah. Given the recent conversations and looking at pictures, I came to that conclusion as well. I'll scrape the rubber air dam on my C7 once in a while but not that often, and never on a speed bump or a road. I never scraped with my C6. For most, it's understanding the geometry of approach angle into or out of a steep driveway or a mountable roll curb. Get that leading front wheel climbing before the air dam or splitter hits.

Sometimes you can't change your angle. Like exiting an underground parking lot. I've had to wait and hold others up just exiting a Home Hardware parking lot in my Malibu! lol. We always scrape there if you can't exit or enter on an angle. That's why we went for the front lift.

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.