May 8, 2018
SW Ont.
VetteCoins
Car
2020 C8 Z51 Mag ride
Province
ON
My ERay has the ZER package and no optional AERO front lip spoiler. The Dealer installed the high wicker extensions and 2 underbody strakes, one on each side. I do not have the Gurney flaps.
When I checked the Track Preparation guide for the ERay there is no mention of underbody strakes for the ERay. The guide is wrong on one point it says to install the front license bracket for track use. Is the guide wrong on the strakes? Link to Track Prep Guide Site Maintenance

What do you other ERay owners have for AERO and do any have the underbody strakes?

Attachments

• 20240513_102417.jpg
    20240513_102417.jpg
    961.7 KB · Views: 0
My ERay has the ZER package and no optional AERO front lip spoiler. The Dealer installed the high wicker extensions and 2 underbody strakes, one on each side. I do not have the Gurney flaps.
When I checked the Track Preparation guide for the ERay there is no mention of underbody strakes for the ERay. The guide is wrong on one point it says to install the front license bracket for track use. Is the guide wrong on the strakes? Link to Track Prep Guide Site Maintenance

What do you other ERay owners have for AERO and do any have the underbody strakes?
The official word back from GM is that ERay should not have underbody strakes, and for the track keep the front facia (AKA license plate bracket) installed, use short wickers and use gurney flaps. I questioned the "keep the front facia installed for the track" twice and they insist that is correct. Doesn't make sense to me at all.

I am assuming that "Downforce" is not recommended for hybrid cars as it makes the batteries less effective.
You can order the optional front lip spoiler and use the tall wickers I believe. The manual is wrong on some points so you would have to ask GM for clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread