Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Hi all. While I was out and about today, I decided to change modes from the “Tour” mode, which I always drive in (for some reason) to “Sport” mode. Wow! I love the sound coming out of the exhaust in this mode. It was immediately noticeable (I hope it’s not just my imagination). I think I will stay in that mode for the foreseeable future.
Anyway, it got me wondering what my Corvette brethren here like to drive around in.
What’cha like, folks?

Reactions: ccltj, ABC and Dik
Dale I use "tour" for the long highway drives and "Sport" around town. The car is smooth and quiet on the highway this way. I rarely put it into "Track" as the ride is too rough and on public roads, there is no point. Also if you go into your infotainment settings you can set your exhaust sound to operate automatically (as it is now for you) or set it to stay in whatever mode you want.

Dale I use "tour" for the long highway drives and "Sport" around town. The car is smooth and quiet on the highway this way. I rarely put it into "Track" as the ride is too rough and on public roads, there is no point. Also if you go into your infotainment settings you can set your exhaust sound to operate automatically (as it is now for you) or set it to stay in whatever mode you want.
I was looking for that setting to change the exhaust sound a while back, but couldn’t find it in my infotainment system. Is it something that the 2015’s don’t have, or am I missing it somewhere?

I was looking for that setting to change the exhaust sound a while back, but couldn’t find it in my infotainment system. Is it something that the 2015’s don’t have, or am I missing it somewhere?

Actually I am not sure Dale. I did not look for it on my 15Z but was there on my 17Z. Interesting question. Hopefully somebody will let us know if that feature was available on the 15s.

Not sure if this is what you are asking for but this is how I change the Exhaust Sound on my 15.
Settings
Driving Mode
Engine Sound Management
Select from Stealth - Tour - Sport - Track

I have a Z06 so it's pretty stiff on the street in Tour mode already.

You can keep most of these settings independent of each other. Magnetic ride cars have the benefit of 5 additional track modes.

HUD - Track mode
Instrument Panel Cluster - Sport mode
Steering - Sport mode
Suspension - Touring mode
Exhaust - Track mode

For the fun of it; this is the exact settings of PTR Track Mode: Wet
Key difference being the PTR is less agressive than normal tour mode when it comes to power and brake intervention, and you get track mode acceleration pedal responsiveness when there's no wheel slippage involved.

Reactions: ABC and ddgermann
Hi all. While I was out and about today, I decided to change modes from the “Tour” mode, which I always drive in (for some reason) to “Sport” mode. Wow! I love the sound coming out of the exhaust in this mode. It was immediately noticeable (I hope it’s not just my imagination). I think I will stay in that mode for the foreseeable future.
Anyway, it got me wondering what my Corvette brethren here like to drive around in.
What’cha like, folks
I agree that the sport mode is my daily drive mode. Love the exhaust note. Wheel is a bit stiffer too. Even breaks feel a bit different to me. Tour mode is certainly where I go for just highway runs. I do think the gas mileage changes too. Maybe that’s just in my head as the tour mode screen makes fuel burn front and centre in the instrument cluster. Love the car! Most enjoyable car I have had in years!

Not sure if this is what you are asking for but this is how I change the Exhaust Sound on my 15.
Settings
Driving Mode
Engine Sound Management
Select from Stealth - Tour - Sport - Track
That is exactly what I was wondering. I shall check to see if it I can find it in my settings.
Thanks!

Reactions: Kanuck
The infotainment screen controls steering and exhaust modes and can decouple them from the mode selector so you can always keep your preferred steering and exhaust modes on.

The instrument panel cluster controls your hud (if equipped) and the ipc display.

Once decoupled, the mode selector in the console will only affect the magnetic ride(if equipped) and the throttle responsiveness.

Brakes are unaffected, but if you have mag ride braking feel will seem to change due to how much nosedive the suspension allows depending on the mode.

Nannies are the same for all modes except weather and track mode. Weather is super intrusive while track mode is least intrusive and also has competitive mode with no mag ride and 5 performance track sub modes modes if equipped with mag ride. Track competitive mode is equivalent to track ptm dry mode.

Track mode still has nannies on, but how they work is much different. Track mode nannies will apply braking, elsd management and spark control to ensure you can turn and power your way out of turns while not spinning out. Normal nannies tend to overdo the safety aspect in order to prevent a crash.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.