Dec 21, 2017
Vancouver, B.C.
VetteCoins
Car
2021 C8
Province
BC
Came across this on Utube.... this is at the 2019 Amelia Island Concourse show. Its quite a custom C7 and what caught my eye are the side view mirrors. Not sure if I would put them on my C7 (if they were to ever be available on the after market) but kinda makes me wish the stock C7 side view mirrors were not so plain looking.

Attachments

• vet mirr.jpg
    vet mirr.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 181
Came across this on Utube.... this is at the 2019 Amelia Island Concourse show. Its quite a custom C7 and what caught my eye are the side view mirrors. Not sure if I would put them on my C7 (if they were to ever be available on the after market) but kinda makes me wish the stock C7 side view mirrors were not so plain looking.
I'm definitely no stranger to mods so probably like you I'm always on the hunt to see what others are doing. I can agree that the c7 on it's own looks good but for me personally I love standing out in a crowd of other c7s. Its tough to see all the detail in the pic in regards to how well fitted they are because to me it very important that its fitted so it looks like it could have been stock but they do definitely stand out and provide a a nice clean look.

Maybe Yes .. Maybe No .. need to see it in a real life for sure .. Looks good tho.!

I don't know why they can't put electronic side mirrors on the Corvette since they are many blind spots. We have a stock camera on our CRV on the passengers side. When you turn right it shows full screen on the dash what you are missing and gives a wide angle in case some cyclist sneaks up beside you. Its great. They could easily install one on each side but the left one is easy to see without it.

Reactions: turbozig
I am OK with the standard non-powered side mirrors on my C7 ...
you know ...
it's one of the old-school features on the C7 Corvette :joyful:

... however now my mind toys with powered mirrors and perhaps side curb cameras ...

Last edited:
Reactions: turbozig and kerry4
I am OK with the standard non-powered side mirrors on my C7 ...
you know ...
it's one of the old-school features on the C7 Corvette :joyful:

... however now my minds toys with powered mirrors and perhaps side curb cameras ...
At least the new C8's will have folding mirrors. Finally GM has moved on from the 80's.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I don't know why they can't put electronic side mirrors on the Corvette since they are many blind spots. We have a stock camera on our CRV on the passengers side. When you turn right it shows full screen on the dash what you are missing and gives a wide angle in case some cyclist sneaks up beside you. Its great. They could easily install one on each side but the left one is easy to see without it.
It is for that reason that I installed the Navtool on my 2015. it didn't come with front grille cameras. I installed the factory cameras in the grille and adapted to the Navtool. I have all of the wiring ready to go to install blind spot cameras in both the side mirrors. I am looking for a donor mirror to try on my 2015 so I can leave my original mirrors until I am confident on drilling a 20mm hole in the bottom of them for the cameras. I have the cameras picked out and have torture tested them and confident in their quality. They have been checked with the Navtool and have great angle of view and would not even be noticed once installed, unless you know they are there. If anyone has a damaged or spare mirror let me know.

It is for that reason that I installed the Navtool on my 2015. it didn't come with front grille cameras. I installed the factory cameras in the grille and adapted to the Navtool. I have all of the wiring ready to go to install blind spot cameras in both the side mirrors. I am looking for a donor mirror to try on my 2015 so I can leave my original mirrors until I am confident on drilling a 20mm hole in the bottom of them for the cameras. I have the cameras picked out and have torture tested them and confident in their quality. They have been checked with the Navtool and have great angle of view and would not even be noticed once installed, unless you know they are there. If anyone has a damaged or spare mirror let me know.

That sounds like something a few of us would do. When you are done, you should do a thread on it to show us how you have done it.

• Agree
Reactions: Paul C7 to C8
I read somewhere it was for weight reduction. Our hondas have sound deadening under carpet. For weight saving, our C7's do not.
Honda Gold Wing (top of the line) motorcycles didn't have a power windscreen, until recently. Their excuse: the motor to make it work would have weighed too much over the (already huge) front end.

Reactions: kerry4
Not an easy, cheap or quick project. I had the front bumper, drivers wheel well liner, drivers side skirt, dash and console all disassembled to perform the install. I built factory looking harnesses with factory connectors. pretty cool mod however with an hdmi connector in the console for center screen phone or video mirroring.

Last edited:
It does seem a bit of a cheap-out for the C7 to have been designed without the folding power and lane change warning side view mirrors. At least have it as an option, Im sure that there would have been an uptake on it.

Last edited:
Still looking Zig... ;)

Reactions: turbozig
Hey @turbozig , did you finish the installation of all these cameras? Could you give us some information on where you bought the material, cost if you don't mind sharing...maybe a few pictures. I am thinking of maybe doing this on mine too.

Nope, never found a sacrificial mirror at a reasonable price to experiment with.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.