Casual User
Vendor
Mar 18, 2021
Richmond Hill
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Greetings!

Looks like there will be three new colors for the 2022 Corvette C8.

Caffeine Metallic, Hypersonic Grey Metallic, and Amplify Orange Tintcoat.

The Caffeine Metallic is a replacement for Zeus. In my opinion, it brings more depth to the color compare to the previous Zeus, it just like Red Mist to Torch Red.

I am surprised by the new Hypersonic Grey Metallic. I find it very unique and fits really well with the existing black accents such as the side vents and rear fascia.

The Amplify Orange Tintcoat will be my choice though, nothing against the other two colors, it's just orange is my favorite color.

What do you think?

3 new 2022 Corvette Colors.jpg

Amplify Orange Tintcoat.jpgCaffeine Metallic.jpgHypersonic Grey Metallic.jpg

Reactions: 12cents
Although I am not in the market for a C8; Caffeine Metallic looks like an interesting colour. Wouldn't mind seeing more of it. The Hypersonic Grey Metallic looks real sharp though. TBH, I have never been a real fan of the oranges.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Obviously we haven't seen any actual cars yet, just the body panels and GMs render images.

However I think Zeus is better then Caffeine but it does look to be an interesting colour. Interested to see how it plays out in sun/shade but this colour would never be my choice.

Hypersonic looks sharp, I personally wouldn't go with it, not because its bad but I'll be damned if I buy a black, white, silver or grey sports car. I think its a good addition to prior greys, I've liked most Corvette greys but I think this is better then Shadow Grey.

Amplify Orange I'm very interested in. Looks to be incredibly bright and almost pastel like, similar to Rapid Blue. I love that this could look as bright and ridiculous as McLaren Orange or Lamborghini Oranges. I think it will be awesome and out of the 3 I'd choose it but thats because I personally like loud and shouty colours on my Corvettes.

• Agree
Reactions: Gilles27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread