Featured Thread
Installed a new intake today. I got myself an ECS Tuning to replace the aFe that was installed before. The aFe was a exposed setup and didn't like it too much but i did use the aFe's non oiled filter on the ECS because it came with an oiled filter.

Photo_20190525.jpg

Yes. A big part of why it is so frustrating to me is that many years ago, I was that geek that would go to people's houses and fix their stuff. It was a great time actually. Finding my way to a farm without a GPS, and fix their stuff without access to internet (what's a Google?), and they would most often make dinner for me while I was there. If I did need to get on the internet, it would certainly be on dial-up (I can still recognize connection rates just by the sound), and would take forever. My USB Thumb Drive was a laptop and a parallel cable, or open the box and add a temporary IDE hard drive. Or my beloved box of 3.5" floppy disks with a plethora of drivers from many years of collecting.

It's not the same any more. Windows 10 is supposed to do all that stuff for you, and when it doesn't, you're kinda hooped. Like Michael and a carburetor, I prefer being able to turn a screw or two (jumpers or dip-switches), set an address and IRQ, and make it do what it is supposed to do.

Holy s**t! I just realized that I am old, and this world has passed me by.

That made me laugh Jord. Except for the old part... Old is when your first operating system was MSDOS 3.0 and the 5 1/4 " floppy disk. My first Acad was version 2.1 with 16 colours to choose from... lol...

I remember back when, to delete something off a 5 1/4 floppy, you had to use isopropyl alcohol and a cue tip....

disk.jpg

Ok... that last one may have been an exaggeration.... :angelic:

I’ll take you up on that invite ! Can I bring a friend? He’s got an HK-92 I’d like to unleash.
That would be fun. Have taken out some of them critters with my Tavor. Was itching to try my 338 Lapua but thought the noise might attract the neighbors.....from 15 Klms away.....sadly sold that one 😞.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
A couple of days ago I was digging through the freezer out in the garage, and I found the adventure that I was looking for. A good friend of mine gave me some bear meat, and I decided to make something with it.

20190607_145111.jpg

20190607_145119.jpg

No, you can't buy this stuff at a store.

I have always wanted to use bear meat in a 'big fancy meal', where other people wouldn't even know until I tell them. I decided to make a lasagna.

Bearzagna, in fact.

Wild meat is quite variable, and can literally change the taste based on the season. This is late-spring black bear, butchered in May.

I cooked the meat in a mix of olive oil and red wine, with onions and garlic until the meat is no longer pink. I then add my tomatoes and start to build my base (secret recipe), and cook it down for a couple of hours until it is a consistent and thick sauce.
20190607_163453.jpg

Basil simply doesn't get any fresher than straight off the plant, and this is one of my best plants. I am quite proud of my efforts at home gardening, even if all of my stuff is indoors. Cooking with my own ingredients is something that pleases me greatly.

20190607_165419.jpg

20190607_165630.jpg

Layers of meat and sauce, noodles and more meat and sauce, and cheese!! I love cheese! Ricotta, provolone, mozzarella, romano, edam, and cheddar.
20190607_172828.jpg

Out of the oven finally, and looking pretty good! Not as pretty as on TV or cookbooks, but I prefer when food looks meh but tastes fantastic!

20190607_184413.jpg

What a fantastic dish, and I am so glad that I spent the four plus hours to do this, and do it right!
20190607_185131.jpg

I'm sorry that I ate half of it before I took the picture, but it was hard work and I was really hungry!

I don't know if the work and effort has a significant impression or not, but I do think that it is the best lasagna that I have ever tasted.

Bearzagna!

I picked away at my S2000 today. Because i procrastinate, this is taking longer than it should lol!. So a while back a friend of mine buys a bunch of speed parts for his S2000 then decides that he wants to sell his car so i bought all the parts off of him. I bought a supercharger kit, header & exhaust, hd clutch kit and coilover suspension.

One week and this is all I've got done so far lol!
Photo_2019-07-12_114710.jpg

Photo__2019-07-12_131923.jpg

The clutch and exhaust will get done at a shop, as for the suspension I'll just keep my Bilsteins in for now.

Last edited:
well last 3 weeks I been doing something totally different , I built a church. I look after our church and cemetery here and I wanted to make a replica of the first church our pioneers built in 1910 . It was in the country with the cemetery , stood there 1910 to 1946 , then dismantled and they built a new and bigger one in what became a town . So I built a replica to put back out there to honor all those who gave so much back then . Just had it in town at our Praznyk service on sunday and then will move it out to the cemetery where it once stood. Was a rain rain week so I could not get out there in time . Only 4 x 8 and 10' to the top of the cross , cedar shingles too like the original , made imitation stained glass windows also . Loaded it on the deck truck and hauled it 7 miles down. Was a real surprise to see for everyone as no one knew I was doing it.

View attachment 29789

View attachment 29790

View attachment 29791

View attachment 29792

View attachment 29793

View attachment 29794

View attachment 29795View attachment 29796

View attachment 29797
That’s really nice work.

well last 3 weeks I been doing something totally different , I built a church. I look after our church and cemetery here and I wanted to make a replica of the first church our pioneers built in 1910 . It was in the country with the cemetery , stood there 1910 to 1946 , then dismantled and they built a new and bigger one in what became a town . So I built a replica to put back out there to honor all those who gave so much back then . Just had it in town at our Praznyk service on sunday and then will move it out to the cemetery where it once stood. Was a rain rain week so I could not get out there in time . Only 4 x 8 and 10' to the top of the cross , cedar shingles too like the original , made imitation stained glass windows also . Loaded it on the deck truck and hauled it 7 miles down. Was a real surprise to see for everyone as no one knew I was doing it.

View attachment 29789

View attachment 29790

View attachment 29791

View attachment 29792

View attachment 29793

View attachment 29794

View attachment 29795View attachment 29796

View attachment 29797
Very cool! It reminds me a bit of the old St Andrews Church in Lockport Manitoba.

As my farming days are ending , downsized and sold 7 bins here, today was the last of them gone. Just a few pics of what loading one is all about . I had them on cement rings, , place some supports inside so they don't collapse in transport ,10 minutes to unbolt , then strap to the carrier lay it down and gone. Now I got 7 14 foot cement circles on the ground so I just placed a 58 Pontiac on one just to see what I can do now.

View attachment 30000

View attachment 30001

View attachment 30002

View attachment 30003

View attachment 30004

View attachment 30007

View attachment 30008

View attachment 30009

View attachment 30010

View attachment 30011
Hey XFire, I feel ya on the downsizing, as we just sold our single detached and got us a townhouse in April.
Sorry to see the farm shutting down tho. I lived on a farm as a kid, and I know the life. NOTHING like it!! We had crops, and livestock. Seen many a silo in Vita Manitoba where we were down there.
What ya gonna do with all your time now he asks lol?
Enjoy your change of pace in the race, and hope your gonna get more wrench time. Cool process on the transport.

• Agree
Reactions: LE BARON
As my farming days are ending , downsized and sold 7 bins here, today was the last of them gone. Just a few pics of what loading one is all about . I had them on cement rings, , place some supports inside so they don't collapse in transport ,10 minutes to unbolt , then strap to the carrier lay it down and gone. Now I got 7 14 foot cement circles on the ground so I just placed a 58 Pontiac on one just to see what I can do now.

View attachment 30000

View attachment 30001

View attachment 30002

View attachment 30003

View attachment 30004

View attachment 30007

View attachment 30008

View attachment 30009

View attachment 30010

View attachment 30011
If you put a rose in the middle of the ring you could invite the neighbors over for a BBQ and play ring around the rosie.
Sorry, couldn't help myself.
If no one finds this funny don't worry, I am sitting here laughing at my own jokes.
That brings up other issues though.

View attachment 30000

View attachment 30001

View attachment 30002

View attachment 30003

View attachment 30004

View attachment 30007

View attachment 30008

View attachment 30009

View attachment 30010

View attachment 30011
I’m thinking those 14 circles have turntable written all over them. For all the C8,s coming your way 😉

• Haha
Reactions: LE BARON
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread