My 03 is Black and I really like black, maybe not like Derek and Graham but like it a lot.

If I could have chosen I would have taken blue. The dealer had a blue roadster, black top and interior but I really wanted a Z06.

White on a Z06 is a really nice and somewhat rare colour.

Garry would have chosen Velocity Yellow I think!

Ok here is a two part question ....
1) What color is your Corvette?
2) What color did you really want?

I may be the odd man out on this but my C6 was Velocity Red which I loved the colour. Saw a torch red on the lot and stopped in for a look. 2015 and had never been close to the C7. Fell in love with the car but not the lacking option package. Salesman sees my C6 and rushes out... told him not interested and listed the options I would have wanted. He asks if I was in the showroom and saw the DSOM on the floor. Hadn't seen this colour yet and fell in love with it too. And this one was optioned out. Long story short, they discounted msrp by 10% which was very rare for 2015,
And gave me what I had paid for my C6 3 years earlier. No DSOM anymore so would likely go back to red if another one catches my eye.

1. Torch Red
2. Is there another colour? hahahaha..... Hey, Prince knew.......lol I also have an Adrenaline Red Viper and a New Formula Red Honda S2000. But, my STi is World Rally Blue.......of course. Depends on the car....... I wouldn't get a Lamborghini in red...... Green or orange for that car....

Corvette torch red in sun.jpg
Viper 2.jpg
S2000 wth new '18 O.Z. wheels.jpg

Last edited:
Color Got? Long Beach Red (in the pilot seat it's pretty much all Black) :thumbs:
Color Wanted? I gave my wife the color choice ... I got my first Corvette :Smuggrin:

... nothing else seemed to really matter in the moment
(that took travels to 5 dealerships and 6 weeks and over 400km to decide between Calgary & Westlock 😂)

Last edited:
White on red C4... the "original" colour scheme for Corvettes. Have come to quite like it... certainly easy to keep reasonably clean in all weather.
Originally would have wanted red on red. Helped a friend get a red on red. The two cars look good together. Need to find a blue one to go with them.

I was giving an order sheet a good workout when a gently used '17 (1800kms) showed up in white, with kalahari, tan as I like to call it, which was my int colour regardless.
I was beating myself up over white, or black ext, and couldn't decide (even though I knew I was leaning towards white).
I bought it. It was there....no waiting....and having had black vehicles before, I've got no regrets at all.

Thanks guys for the input ....
So far it shows that Corvette owners are die hard with their choose of colors ...
Specially Derek and Graham who are from the Darkside of the force ... lol .

Previously
08 Avalanche - black
10 H3 Hummer - black
Also at home now.
99 H1 Hummer - Black
17 Cadillac XT5 - Black
😂
Confirmed. I am a masochist.

I was giving an order sheet a good workout when a gently used '17 (1800kms) showed up in white, with kalahari, tan as I like to call it, which was my int colour regardless.
I was beating myself up over white, or black ext, and couldn't decide (even though I knew I was leaning towards white).
I bought it. It was there....no waiting....and having had black vehicles before, I've got no regrets at all.

The black over white on your car with a tan (sorry, kalahari) interior looks fantastic. I really do struggle with the color combinations on the C7s because of all of the black aero effects, but plain and simple black and white actually looks fantastic to me. Otherwise, it would have to be a dark color to help to disguise the abrupt blacks everywhere like the shadows that they should be. What happened to the good old days when the whole car was painted the same color right from the factory? To this very day I still see cars with black mirrors, spoilers, side skirts, bumpers, wings - you name it, and I wonder, "Are you ever going to finish it?"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread