Sep 9, 2019
Ottawa
VetteCoins
Car
SL550 MB :-)
Province
ON
Hey Folks,

As this will be my first time owning a Corvette, what basic things will I need in my garage to help me with my girl?

I have contacted a lad about an appoxy floor as I am thinking she would like a nice place to sleep when not being used hahahahah.

I am not a full on Gearhead but I can do some basic things was better with carbs and simple engines not rolling computers hahahah.

I am thinking I will need 1 or 2 good jacks I have a compressor with a 50' line and my Husky ratchet sets and a new California Car Duster.

Cheers,

Kevin

Hey Folks,

As this will be my first time owning a Corvette, what basic things will I need in my garage to help me with my girl?

I have contacted a lad about an appoxy floor as I am thinking she would like a nice place to sleep when not being used hahahahah.

I am not a full on Gearhead but I can do some basic things was better with carbs and simple engines not rolling computers hahahah.

I am thinking I will need 1 or 2 good jacks I have a compressor with a 50' line and my Husky ratchet sets and a new California Car Duster.

Cheers,

Kevin
Congrats on the new purchase Kev. I would say the first thing I would invest in is a proper car care kit for you to keep your girl clean. Go find an old gym bag or weekend bag and order the nicest quality car care items you can. Some simple searches on youtube will be your best asset in educating yourself on what to do. I would focus on the basics more over getting a compressor and lift at this point as you will have plenty of fun with the stock model that modifications will not be needed just yet. Get to know your vette, maintain her properly by keeping her clean and abiding by the specific corvette maintenance schedule your dealer will provide for you. After you have got out of the honeymoon stage than use this forum to find some guides on some cool things you can do. here is a link to get you started on the youtube rabbit hole. Larry from AMMO NYC

Morgan @ Finch C

Reactions: OttawaKev
Congrats on the new purchase Kev. I would say the first thing I would invest in is a proper car care kit for you to keep your girl clean. Go find an old gym bag or weekend bag and order the nicest quality car care items you can. Some simple searches on youtube will be your best asset in educating yourself on what to do. I would focus on the basics more over getting a compressor and lift at this point as you will have plenty of fun with the stock model that modifications will not be needed just yet. Get to know your vette, maintain her properly by keeping her clean and abiding by the specific corvette maintenance schedule your dealer will provide for you. After you have got out of the honeymoon stage than use this forum to find some guides on some cool things you can do. here is a link to get you started on the youtube rabbit hole. Larry from AMMO NYC

Morgan @ Finch C
Thanks Morgan,

Yup I am in the YouTube hole as it is with ChevyDude, Conti, HorsePower Obsessed, CKWraps, ACS Composites, and Daily Downshift! hahahah Thanks for one more hahahahah :cool:

One of my first orders of business is that she will be getting flatbedded to a shop to get some wrapping and some PPF with ceramic coating done to her right from the dealership, to protect the paint from even one chip !

Then its DRIVE TIME! well Break-in Time... slow but sure.

Cheers,
Kevin

Thanks Morgan,

Yup I am in the YouTube hole as it is with ChevyDude, Conti, HorsePower Obsessed, CKWraps, ACS Composites, and Daily Downshift! hahahah Thanks for one more hahahahah :cool:

One of my first orders of business is that she will be getting flatbedded to a shop to get some wrapping and some PPF with ceramic coating done to her right from the dealership, to protect the paint from even one chip !

Then its DRIVE TIME! well Break-in Time... slow but sure.

Cheers,
Kevin
Sounds like nobody is going to see Kev for a few weeks.. Don't send a search party

I only did one thing before introducing my New Corvette to my Garage.
I added an electrical outlet nearby for the Hibernation Maintaining Months.
This so that I do not use an extension chord and minimize tripping hazards.
Everything else pretty much falls into place. I did not even worry about much
of the simple non-gearhead stuff as the initial inclusive service visits pretty much
takes care of you for at least 2 years (assuming the C8 will have the same or siimilar) ...
and this being said, you will need to know where your maintaining plug will be
on a New C8 as it might be "backwards" like some other aspects of it.
(Hence why my outlet is in the middle of the bay - future considerations)
198A7250-1000-4CC8-ADE9-F4D6C71E087B.jpeg

Last edited:
There's a cig lighter type plug in the frunk on the C8. I assume it's for the battery tender.
That's what I told a husband & wife in Depew it was for anyway. He believed me. She gave me a wierd look.
Then when I told her that the white switch in the frunk is for 'escaping', in case of being locked in, she thought I was crazy.
That was after being asked if we (Canadians) are getting the right hand drive C8's "up here".

• Haha
Reactions: Tango and OttawaKev
Cool 👍
Got the hydro hookup covered with my current winter sleeper hee hee....I might need a bigger garage hahahaha I already looked at a car lift but my garage door opener is in the way.
OtKev.....get yerself one of these if you want a lift......

Cool 👍
Got the hydro hookup covered with my current winter sleeper hee hee....I might need a bigger garage hahahaha I already looked at a car lift but my garage door opener is in the way.
I would consider a side-wind garage door opener modification
as part of the budget/cost of adding a lift. When wind-chills are
-30 for a month, I am wishing I had the ceiling height to stack my
two C7's for parking the mid-winter daily driver.

I would consider a side-wind garage door opener modification
as part of the budget/cost of adding a lift. When wind-chills are
-30 for a month, I am wishing I had the ceiling height to stack my
two C7's for parking the mid-winter daily driver.
I guess another very easy thing to do would to take away the current opener and just use my hands to open and close the door :) Cha Ching savings :)

Cool 👍

Looks like a 12ft ceiling. Is it not possible to move the opener up to the ceiling and extend the lift bar from the door up to the new position??

• Agree
Reactions: OttawaKev and tyho
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread