Featured Thread
Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
It is indeed a small world. I was out and about today, and as I returned home, I spotted a beautiful copper (?) colored C7, parked near my place. I turned around and did a slow cruise by it, went to the end of the crescent and turned back around to have another look, when the owner came out to chat. He introduced himself (Erik), as did I (Dale). I seemed to remember an active member on the forum with that name, and that color Vette is quite unique, so I asked if he was from southern Alberta (I couldn’t remember exactly where). He then asked if I was Dale124 on the forum. He said his screen name was Rruuff Day, which certainly rang a bell. As it turns out, his sister lives about 50 yards away from my place. What are the odds?
It was very nice to meet yo today, Erik. I hope we can chat more when you are in town.
Dale.

I think that was just a figment of Dale's imagination... :rofl:

Seriously, yes. Brenda and I didn't want to waste such a nice day working around the farm so we jumped in my copper coloured Vette.... (actually Dale, it's Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic but who's counting....lol), and headed for her sister and bro in laws in Edmonton. It's funny as the bro in law, Ted, was just telling me about the two Vettes that lived not far from them, when he said "hey... there's someone out there in another Corvette looking at your car". Sure enough I looked out and there was a Canary coloured Vette out there :)Biggrin::Biggrin:). It was just coming back down the close when I got there and the rest is history. We had a quick introduction and chat, and yes. We both,for some reason, had a clue who the other might be. As Dale was set up for an obstruction of traffic ticket, we cut it short with suggestions of getting together some time when we are allowed to actually shake hands and have a beer together. Yup.... sometimes it's a very small world. :thumbs:

I think that was just a figment of Dale's imagination... :rofl:

Seriously, yes. Brenda and I didn't want to waste such a nice day working around the farm so we jumped in my copper coloured Vette.... (actually Dale, it's Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic but who's counting....lol), and headed for her sister and bro in laws in Edmonton. It's funny as the bro in law, Ted, was just telling me about the two Vettes that lived not far from them, when he said "hey... there's someone out there in another Corvette looking at your car". Sure enough I looked out and there was a Canary coloured Vette out there :)Biggrin::Biggrin:). It was just coming back down the close when I got there and the rest is history. We had a quick introduction and chat, and yes. We both,for some reason, had a clue who the other might be. As Dale was set up for an obstruction of traffic ticket, we cut it short with suggestions of getting together some time when we are allowed to actually shake hands and have a beer together. Yup.... sometimes it's a very small world. :thumbs:
Damn, I thought it was orange, and when I told my other Vette owning neighbor (before I came back and met you) that there was an orange C7 across from his place, he said it was “copper”. I just took his word for it, as he is quite a knowledgeable guy when it comes to Corvettes.
Sorry Erik, it shall henceforth be known as Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic. That does sound better than copper anyway.
I do LOVE that color!
Dale.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
Damn, I thought it was orange, and when I told my other Vette owning neighbor (before I came back and met you) that there was an orange C7 across from his place, he said it was “copper”. I just took his word for it, as he is quite a knowledgeable guy when it comes to Corvettes.
Sorry Erik, it shall henceforth be known as Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic. That does sound better than copper anyway.
I do LOVE that color!
Dale.

No sorry necessary Dale. I laughed.... even more so when I typed in Canary Yellow.... lol. By the way. my bro in law has saw you out walking and recognized you from the Catholic school board. Said you do work for them... He's retired for a number of years now. Again.... small world...

Edit: To my knowledge, they haven't had an actual copper paint colour since 1994. The DSOM was called Daytona Sunset back in the C6 days and changed to Daytona Sunrise with the C7. The Daytona Sunset is close... A bit darker and not near the metallic content as the Daytona Sunrise. the Not a lot made in that colour comparatively and they discontinued the colour in 2016. There is a Sebring Orange now but it's not even close. Now you can go back to your neighbour and show you're knowledgeable too.... lol....

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
I've been racing around Edmonton a few days this past week
and I noticed a DSOM Copper C7 :angelic: a couple of times on the Yellowhead Hwy/Trail.
Wasn't mine but I'm sure there's a few around...Somebody likely bought Jeffs... And I know a guy with a DSOM Z06 in Edm.

No sorry necessary Dale. I laughed.... even more so when I typed in Canary Yellow.... lol. By the way. my bro in law has saw you out walking and recognized you from the Catholic school board. Said you do work for them... He's retired for a number of years now. Again.... small world...

Edit: To my knowledge, they haven't had an actual copper paint colour since 1994. The DSOM was called Daytona Sunset back in the C6 days and changed to Daytona Sunrise with the C7. The Daytona Sunset is close... A bit darker and not near the metallic content as the Daytona Sunrise. the Not a lot made in that colour comparatively and they discontinued the colour in 2016. There is a Sebring Orange now but it's not even close. Now you can go back to your neighbour and show you're knowledgeable too.... lol....
Ya, I had talked to him a few times after learning we had the same employer. Nice guy.
If you like, please give me a heads up the next time you are coming to town, I would love to get together and pick your corvette brain for a while. Pop by for a beer, pop, or coffee.

Ya, I had talked to him a few times after learning we had the same employer. Nice guy.
If you like, please give me a heads up the next time you are coming to town, I would love to get together and pick your corvette brain for a while. Pop by for a beer, pop, or coffee.

We don't get there often but will definitely let you know. Same goes for any travels to Red Deer.

Reactions: Dale124
Dale you might want to check your pockets for your wallet. Eric is retired and only comes to the city when he is low on bourbon funds. :Biggrin:

Randy is correct. I use to spend my entire pension check on my bourbon supply, but then one day I realized I don't get a pension check yet. So now I just rely on others when I want a drink of bourbon. Much like Randy..... :angelic:

Randy is correct. I use to spend my entire pension check on my bourbon supply, but then one day I realized I don't get a pension check yet. So now I just rely on others when I want a drink of bourbon. Much like Randy..... :angelic:
You can always count on me......I can be your bridge over troubled waters.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.