Aug 25, 2019
Edmonton
VetteCoins
Car
2015 2LT Z51
Province
AB
Well, earlier this week we had no snow and temperatures well above average for this time of year. The next thing I know, the temperature has plummeted and we had a huge dump of snow. The following pictures were taken just a few days apart. The first was from a construction site I was at on Tuesday, up on a lift with just a tee shirt on. The next was on Sunday morning in full winter attire.
20201104_121553.jpg
20201108_103955.jpg

Well, earlier this week we had no snow and temperatures well above average for this time of year. The next thing I know, the temperature has plummeted and we had a huge dump of snow. The following pictures were taken just a few days apart. The first was from a construction site I was at on Tuesday, up on a lift with just a tee shirt on. The next was on Sunday morning in full winter attire. View attachment 45388View attachment 45389

Wow. We only got a couple inches but a nasty north wind.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Yup; stayed home all day yesterday watching the snow fall in Edmonton for almost the entire day. Now it's a "winter wonderland" here with everything looking white and clean. So many of my friends welcome the snow and cold weather for their winter outdoor pursuits: cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, sledding (aka ski-dooing) and ice fishing to mention a few of the main ones. So for you "Vancouverites" who feel sorry for us because of our weather, many of us Albertans welcome it and continue to enjoy our mainly year-round continuous sunshine and wide-open Alberta skies.

For anyone so inclined and looking for a great Alberta winter activity, I recommend taking a tour of Abraham Lake in January, to see its world-famous ice bubbles. There's a Red Deer tour company well set up to take you to see the unique trapped methane lake bubbles plus scenic mountain views along a short snowshoe hike into a canyon with beautiful ice "waterfalls". My family did this last year and even my daughters' boyfriends had a blast. Something I wasn't aware of and we were surprised to meet a lot of tourists from Japan and Australia when there:

The one true downside to winter is parking the Corvette. Here it is safely enjoying its new perch and waiting for the ceramic coating to cure before getting to know its new car cover:

Parked C8.jpg

Last edited:
Went for a 100 mile drive yesterday. 20 degrees (68 F). Felt like a spring day. Going again today to take advantage of the weather but it will soon come to an end. Putting the car in storage for the winter this Wednesday and dusting off the snow blower.

Welcome to Canadian wonderland. In Ontario, the sun has been shining for close to two weeks now with the temps in the high teens, unusually warm for this time of the year. Seasons come and go but they are all good in there own way. Spring will eventually come again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.