If I were planning on ever getting a ZR1, it would be a used one many years from now.

Maybe try AllFlash. Out of most people on here, I think he’d be one most likely to get one.

I Took the 20K deposit I had down on mine and bought the wife an XT5 Cadillac Wednesday. Maybe next year...or holding out for the C8

Yes decided to think with the big head for a change. Plus Michelle is so happy with her new car I am sure I made the right choice.
Hope one of the gang buys the new ZR1 as I would love to see one on the autocross at Meet in the Middle.

:)

Reactions: YFCvii
I haven't been out to show what I've done to MY Stingray (Pictures, next year), but since it 'kinda' Now looks (with the hash marks, etc) like the GS, I was thinking of Changing the Nose to the New ZR1. It Won't have the Fast Engine, but it will have the Angry or the Muscle Car Stance! Maybe I'll call it My Frankenray!??! lol

Hello All,

I've been MIA for quite a while.

I was curious, anyone planning on buying a C&7 ZR1?
I am conflicted: I like my 16 vert, like the ZR1 (last year for this baby -so, may hold value over time) and I am interested in the C8 vert; but, the big consideration is that I do not drive my current one enough. I have the money available for either. I am afraid the dealers will, here in Canada, jack the MRSP up on the C8??

Hello All,

I've been MIA for quite a while.

I was curious, anyone planning on buying a C&7 ZR1?
Further to my last comment: the ZR1, I believe, will be about $125K US in that market depending on the option pkg. ordered - so, applying a 25% exchange rate to get to our Canuck buck up here in the far north means that this car would be in the $180K range -ouch!! As soon as we start getting up in that price range I might consider a Porsche 4S - 2yr. old low mileage baby? I think they need to be careful with their pricing on this car and the C8? Any thoughts out there on this topic?

Further to my last comment: the ZR1, I believe, will be about $125K US in that market depending on the option pkg. ordered - so, applying a 25% exchange rate to get to our Canuck buck up here in the far north means that this car would be in the $180K range -ouch!! As soon as we start getting up in that price range I might consider a Porsche 4S - 2yr. old low mileage baby? I think they need to be careful with their pricing on this car and the C8? Any thoughts out there on this topic?

My guess is that they are inflating the price of the zr1 to make the C8 more palatable.

I'd say given there maybe two engine choices in the C8 the base will start at below current Zr1 pricing but above z06 and the super duper version you want will be min 40k higher. They're going into r8, 570s, 911 turbo territory but will undercut them by a healthy amt.

The base C8 will remain the more affordable one but I feel it will definitely be priced higher.

I can't imagine they will keep two very different platforms going in parallel for long unless this is an experiment.

I hope I'm totally wrong.

Reactions: ddgermann

There's lots of thoughts posted here on this topic James... Have a look at some of the other threads in this forum section....

... and HERE SHE IS ... our C7 ZR1

I Took the 20K deposit I had down on mine and bought the wife an XT5 Cadillac Wednesday. Maybe next year...or holding out for the C8
Wow Derek ... Very Happy Wife ..... :thumbs: ***
Did the same purchase for my Mom earlier this year ... awesome happiness for my XT5 Owner.
I just did a swap out of winter blizzaks on a second set of xt5 wheels for her and I still find it hard to figure out that shifter on my "test runs" ... :)
other that that ... my review is ... sweet!

... and in tune of staying on-topic ...
I think if there is someone in CCF, who might be buying the ZR1 ... they may be "stealth" about it...
(so that long-lost-relatives don't start to show up)
I'm watching for those of us who have an unusually very happy Wife over the next little while ... ;) ***

Last edited:
I think if there is someone in CCF, who might be buying the ZR1 ... they may be "stealth" about it...
(so that long-lost-relatives don't start to show up)
I'm watching for those of us who have an unusually very happy Wife over the next little while ... ;) ***

I'd be more apt to watch for someone getting thrown out on their a$$ over the next little while Spence... :rofl:

yup .... that quickly happens when stealth mode fails .... :Banghead:

Stealth mode fails on my H1 all the time.

So frustrating

692CF77A-F971-4B17-A9C7-FA75C8B967EF.jpeg

I have an allocation promised for a first.... But I am really busting hairs over this one. By the time it arrives after order we may only be a year away from the mid engine with all the logic in the world falling in place with their three package rumours, the first being very affordable. I also am admittedly very attached to my present Z06. We have grown very attached to it... 51000 km in less than three years in Canada where the season is very short isn't such an easy task.

I have an allocation promised for a first.... But I am really busting hairs over this one. By the time it arrives after order we may only be a year away from the mid engine with all the logic in the world falling in place with their three package rumours, the first being very affordable. I also am admittedly very attached to my present Z06. We have grown very attached to it... 51000 km in less than three years in Canada where the season is very short isn't such an easy task.

I’m right there with you. Love my paid for 17 Z06 and am not able to rationalize taking the loss on it to spend even more for this ZR1 with the C8 so close.
I think I read the ZR1 will be made for at least 2 model years too. So possibly the second year will have the power this one should have had.
Ok... admittedly these are not bad problems for us to have. ;)

Reactions: Brent08
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.