Jun 6, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
1985 Corvette
Any quick tips and jacking these awesome cars up? I do have 3 floor jacks and jack stands, but I can't tell what is metal and what is fiberglass underneath. I used a magnet once and did find a small area of metal frame.
I'm sure I'll have a good mess after draining the pan. Off hand, how many quarts of ATF does this mini automatic trans. take?

I wouldn't bother with this, but heard a strange noise last time I switched it into overdrive. These mini auto trans. overdrive units should be serviced every 10k, some say 15k, some say 30k.

The weather is just starting to get nice and Spring like here, maybe I'll have a burst of energy to get this done instead of talk about it...LOL

Reactions: ddgermann
Jacking points are indicated by two arrows stamped on the pinchweld on the rocker panel, at all four corners of the car. Place floor jack shoe between the indicators. When jacked up, look underneath, just between the jack and the rear wheel(for example)and notice the triangulation of the frame welds. The inside of that is known as the "box", and this is where you place the jack stand. These four points are the "strength" part of the chassis, and this is the only place to jack up and support the car to avoid damage.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread