vtknight

Casual User
Wish me a Happy Birthday
Nov 10, 2015
Toronto
VetteCoins
Hi everyone,

Before I start - first a big thank-you for AllFlash - who has helped many of us for no return except making people happy!

It's been a long long road - but I managed to find exactly the car I wanted. I went back and forth between the C6 ZR1 (which I still love) and the C7 Z06/Z07. The heating issues kept me locked on the ZR1 until this November when GM at SEMA released their secondary rad for manual cars (which this is). I then looked for the best deal for either car.

Well - I found it at Wallace Chevrolet (and every other GM product Dealership).

To say it was a fantastic experience is an understatement. Bob Wallace personally worked with Mel my Salesperson and made me feel right at home from the moment I called. It turned out his Brother, Bill who is also an Owner is a (very) serious gearhead and we know the same people and have raced in the same tracks for years. After that it was obvious that this was the perfect Dealership for me to be at. The service and people were professional and super friendly - and this is key - even before I showed up to buy the car.

As we all know, Canadian cars are extremely hard to find - 48 for 2015 if I remember correctly - so this car's life in the showroom was limited. Bob didn't have to do much for me - but - I will simply say - he did. I felt fantastic with the deal I got and he did it with a smile. They are also so well connected into the Corvette and car enthusiast community that they were able to open that world up to me - which I very much look forward to this coming season!

I will not bad mouth other GM Dealerships I visited (and there were a few) - this is too great a day for me and I am so very grateful to be able to finally land this car.

Just know that if you need a great Dealership - for any car - Wallace Chevrolet is the place to go!

Thank-you Bob, Mel and Bill!

Stats;

3LZ
Blade Silver Metallic
2015 Z06/Z07 Package
Manual (my number one need)
Carbon fibre exposed roof
Grey exterior vents and accents

Pictures below -

Last edited:
Reactions: smackYYZ
congrats vt. Good for you. you sound ecstatic and should be. The pics didn't post though.... and you know we want to see them....

Eric

congrats vt. Good for you. you sound ecstatic and should be. The pics didn't post though.... and you know we want to see them....

Eric

Thanks Eric - I am extremely excited! This is exactly the car I wanted - and configured the way I would have done it myself as well (Bill and I seem to have the same taste!). That plus it's a Canadian car - I'm blown away...

Great experience at Wallace Chevrolet!

STUNNING CAR! I can't wait to go for a ride together. Hey...you might want to check out Manny's post for the charitable even has has scheduled at his place in May which would be ideal as well. And if you didn't know, the HDR Crew meets at Yorkdale Mall every Thursday night , go for a late night run through TO and gets Pizza!

Oh and if you want to know the best XPel guy around....pm me.

Last edited:
STUNNING CAR! I can't wait to go for a ride together. Hey...you might want to check out Manny's post for the charitable even has has scheduled at his place in May which would be ideal as well. And if you didn't know, the HDR Crew meets at Yorkdale Mall every Thursday night , go for a late night run through TO and gets Pizza!

Oh and if you want to know the best XPel guy around....pm me.

You got it - thanks AF!

As Manny is modding my car - I should show up to this event!

What are you getting done? I am humming and hawing...loss of warranty is the downplay for me.
Because of my last car - I know that a good Builder is worth their weight in gold. I am only doing bolt on stuff - pulleys, CAI, headers. That will be enough. NO more massive builds for me - I'm a scaredy cat now...I am just looking forward to cruising and having fun with my family and you guys...

You are killing me because that is exactly where Manny and Kaz with their Z's are going and I am walking the line on... who knows!

You have to be comfortable with it - but my experience is the bolt-on level is very manageable both for everyday driving and potential issues. Plus - its a lot faster...;)

Congratulations vtknight you must be ecstatic and the car looks fantastic. The exposed carbon roof panel is great and very hard to get apparently.
I am curious though. Finding a Z06/Z07 NEW in a dealers showroom when the Z07's are in good demand with some people still waiting since 2013 with firm orders placed with a dealer who had allotments since 2014 for Stingrays and Stinrays and Z06's in 2015. I'm blown away your car was sitting in a showroom.
Curiosity is killing me, do you know when the car was delivered to the dealer. I gather your Z07 is a 2015 late production unit about early June would that be about right?
How many C7's do Wallace sell a year or better yet what was there allotment for last year do you know?
I picked up my 2015 Stingray May 29th and in August placed an order with my dealer for a Z06/A8 coupe. So far the dealer has not had a 2016 Z06 allotment let alone a Z06/Z07 allotted one.

Congratulations vtknight you must be ecstatic and the car looks fantastic. The exposed carbon roof panel is great and very hard to get apparently.
I am curious though. Finding a Z06/Z07 NEW in a dealers showroom when the Z07's are in good demand with some people still waiting since 2013 with firm orders placed with a dealer who had allotments since 2014 for Stingrays and Stinrays and Z06's in 2015. I'm blown away your car was sitting in a showroom.
Curiosity is killing me, do you know when the car was delivered to the dealer. I gather your Z07 is a 2015 late production unit about early June would that be about right?
How many C7's do Wallace sell a year or better yet what was there allotment for last year do you know?
I picked up my 2015 Stingray May 29th and in August placed an order with my dealer for a Z06/A8 coupe. So far the dealer has not had a 2016 Z06 allotment let alone a Z06/Z07 allotted one.

These are great questions...the two Wallace Brothers have 6 stores between them to my understanding...They had about 5 Z06's at one point. Not bad at all considering how rare they are. Canadian cars are next to impossible to get. I was pleasantly surprised obviously when I found out!

It's a tough ride - try to stick with it.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you. Giving them a call may not be a bad idea...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.