I just put my C7 Z51 to hibernate for the winter :confused: . Do I leave the battery charger on all the time? Is it safe , when we are not home to leave it charging? Last but not least, it is for sale , now that my C8 allocation has come in. 5600 kms only and still under warranty till June. 80,000$ firm and through accommodation. I will increase the price after the new year.

I plug my battery tender in when I put it in storage and unplug it when I take the cover off in the spring
I have to admit that I also used to do that ☝️ ..... but nowadays, I check the wiring for heat on daily basis while in the garage. 2 of my cars are on chargers, and malfunctions, in rare cases can occur and possibly lead to fires. The insignificant amount of time it takes for me is worth it. Yes..... my age is starting to show.....

I just put my C7 Z51 to hibernate for the winter :confused: . Do I leave the battery charger on all the time? Is it safe , when we are not home to leave it charging? Last but not least, it is for sale , now that my C8 allocation has come in. 5600 kms only and still under warranty till June. 80,000$ firm and through accommodation. I will increase the price after the new year.
I have 5 high end battery tenders/maintainers (NOT battery chargers) that run for 6 months every winter. My oldest is 8 years old. I have never had a problem with any of them. The worst thing you can do is use an actual charger. Tenders/maintainers only charge when the battery charge level drops and shuts off when it reaches full charge.

I stand corrected Rruff Day. Yes, I did say chargers, should have been tenders! I use the Ctek models and also have never had an issue, but still feel the wiring when Im in the garage. Habit now.
My tender emphasis was more for wigi Paul who also used the term charger. Given your history I figured you meant tender. :Biggrin:

I have 5 high end battery tenders/maintainers (NOT battery chargers) that run for 6 months every winter. My oldest is 8 years old. I have never had a problem with any of them. The worst thing you can do is use an actual charger. Tenders/maintainers only charge when the battery charge level drops and shuts off when it reaches full charge.
So that thing that comes with the Vette is a tender?

So that thing that comes with the Vette is a tender?
Yes. If it's the ctek.
1668641782166.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.