Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
As the gossip mill starts churning out more and more rumour, leaks, dodgy pics etc. I thought it best to kick off our dedicated C8 Z06 forum and start grouping relevant discussions here on the 2021?? 2022?? C8 Z06. Who knows... All good click-bait titles will be rewarded handsomely.

Wooooooooooooo-hoooooo! First to reply in the C8 Z06, or ZR1, or Zora, or whatever the next Corvette will be. I'm sure they'll do the Z06 first. What I would like to see? Well, I knew you'd never ask. Part of me wants a twin turb-ski, 700 hp, Flat plane crank beast. But, going with the Z06 theme of the C5 and C6 generation, a weight reduced, naturally aspirated, high revving, track car (with a manual transmission :Biggrin:) would be great. The boost can be saved for the ZR1/Zora, and creature comforts for the Grand Sport.

However, my guesses would be a turbo, flat plane crank (because that's all of the news) engine with the same DCT. A slightly wider body with a few aero tweaks and new wheels with carbon brakes. If the 'regular' Sting Ray starts at $68,000, I'm guessing the Z06 would start in the $92,000 range.

I doubt the manual will happen. A 5.5 L flat plane crank, N/A with 600 HP, 8000 rpm redline, carbon ceramic brakes, more carbon fiber parts, maybe even a fixed roof to lighten the car, a 200 lb diet would be nice, and a price that will stay under $90,000 CAN. A guy can dream.

Last edited:
I doubt the manual will happen. A 5.5 L flat plane brank, N/A with 600 HP, 8000 rpm redline, carbon ceramic brakes, more carbon fiber parts, maybe even a fixed roof to lighten the car, a 200 lb diet would be nice, and a price that will stay under $90,000 CAN. A guy can dream.

Agree. No way this flat plane will be over 600hp. Rumours so far put it around 550-600.

We will all soon see....
The Z06 is the car I’m waiting for. I would expect 600+ HP otherwise what’s the point.
if it’s awesome and I believe it will be, I will be seriously considering giving up my beloved manual transmission. 🤣

Agree. No way this flat plane will be over 600hp. Rumours so far put it around 550-600.
This will be the end of the C8 if this is true. No one wants a 500 to 600hp Z06. My guess is 700hp to 800hp. Although a 5.5l flat plan brings you to somewhere in the range of 500 to 600hp that would be without a supercharger or turbos. I fully expect a supercharger or a twin turbo set up which should have no problem getting to the 700 plus.

This will be the end of the C8 if this is true. No one wants a 500 to 600hp Z06. My guess is 700hp to 800hp. Although a 5.5l flat plan brings you to somewhere in the range of 500 to 600hp that would be without a supercharger or turbos. I fully expect a supercharger or a twin turbo set up which should have no problem getting to the 700 plus.
I stand possiblly corrected as it looks like the latest rumours have the new 2022 Z06 as just the flat plane naturally aspirated which means only about the 600hp mark. The arguement that can be made is with the better engine configuration and lighter overall car it may still out perform the c7 z06. Good news is it also appears it will sit at about only 30k above the base c8.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread