Nik

Staff member
Power User
Administrator
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
VetteCoins
You may have come across his name once or twice recently but it's time to give @Morgan @ Finch C the keys to his own forum :)

You can find any Finch specific content here. In exchange Morgan promises to give me the keys to his C8 for every new post I make here. Right? :D

Finch Chevrolet can be found at the below address as well as on CCF at all times :) :
640 Wonderland Road North,
London, Ontario N6H 3E5

Thanks Morgan for your contributions to CCF so far.

You may have come across his name once or twice recently but it's time to give @Morgan @ Finch C the keys to his own forum :)

You can find any Finch specific content here. In exchange Morgan promises to give me the keys to his C8 for every new post I make here. Right? :D

Finch Chevrolet can be found at the below address as well as on CCF at all times :) :
640 Wonderland Road North,
London, Ontario N6H 3E5

Thanks Morgan for your contributions to CCF so far.
I owe you a test drive

I have finally got her on the road and have a tank of 91 under my belt. I am BLOWN away with this car, its something else. I was filming all day yesterday and the wife is away for the weekend so I edited it all night. I have lots of stuff to upload in the next 24h so stay tuned and as always please make sure to comment if you have any questions on the video. This community has been simply amazing to me during this whole hullabaloo with me getting the first C8's in canada

So I have had some more time to drive the vette and I have found the biggest challenge that I will have to overcome during the first few months. I have always driven a front engine car and I am used to having my internal gyros register behind the centre of gravity not in front of it.
I have noticed already because of the cold weather and new tyres that the front end looses control very easily compared to the back. Its almost the opposite to what I have been accustomed to my whole life. Normally in a high g turn I would feel my back end come out and only would start to fully recover the vehicle from sliding when i could feel the front end starting to loose as well. in this c8 the front end is the first to go and thankfully i haven't seen it happen yet, the back comes second. I have to overcome this immediate reaction to correct when the front end starts to come off in this new car. Its going to help when it gets warmer but the cold is kinda nice for learning because it looses grip a lot quicker.

Reactions: ABC and Cruzin
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.